Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

I caught a few minutes of The Dr. Phil show as I sat down to pay bills and he was talking about donating to the Red Cross for Hurricane Harvey victims. Well, I hope this doesn't sound unappreciative, but when he said he was donating $25,000. I about fell on the floor. Yes, that's very generous of him, but with all of the money he's made these past 16 years that his show has been on, not to mention the books he's written, I guess I thought his donation would have been much bigger. I know it's not my place to judge, but I truly thought his generosity was much bigger than that. 

But, he is donating and for that I know many will be helped.

You speak with a forked tongue.

You didn't mention all the help and counseling he has donated to people on his show which has added up to millions.  Yeah maybe it didn't come out of his pocket directly, but look at how much it costs to send someone to those centers.

@Scooby Doo

His show is carried on CBS and OWN.  I doubt if he pays any of his own money to send those people to centers.  These shows have budgets, which are paid for by the network and commercials.  Dr. Phil's net worth is $400 million with an annual salary of $88 million.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Wow, not for nothing but judging the amount of the donation is petty and ridiculous.  Unless are married to him or responsible for his books, it shouldn't matter how much is spent imo.

He's the one who put it out there...

@tansy

El Cheapo should have kept it to himself.

That's what I thought, @QueenDanceALot. He thought it was a good amount or he wouldn't have put it out there..

I'm really surprised.

@febe1

Honestly?  25 grand IS a "good amount", in my estimation.  I have no idea what his financial commitments are or what would be an "appropriate" amount based on his financial status.

I kind of cringe at his mentioning the amount, though.  It sounds braggy to me when someone does that.  But, in the end, as long as needed funds get to people (and animals!) who need them, that's all that really matters to me.

It's a "good" amount for some, @QueenDanceALot but not for anyone whose net worth is 88 million dollars. I would be ashamed to say the amount if my net worth were 88 million.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

Honored Contributor

Wow, coming for Robin is really gross, but whateves.................

Contributor

I have invested no time in Dr. Phil but I do have a friend who had inside information on this man.  I do talk with my friends on many subjects, includig Dr. Phil.  I also am caregive to my Alzheimer husband who is my first priority and certainly try to maintain contact with friends and what interest them.  Why are youso sensitive when it comes to this man?  Believe me I already have a life and why my comment soupset you is beyond my comprehnsion.  Maybe you need a life.

Respected Contributor

@loyalfashionista wrote:

Dear heart, Robin is his "trophy wife" and playing her to the hilt is what most men like him do!

With all respect, I will adamantly disagree. I would never consider someone who looks like Robin to be a "trophy wife." The only reason that she is passably attractive is the influx of money that goes into her care and upkeep. She is way too thin with a voice that is like chalk on a blackboard and a bit odd looking. In spite of the fact that he is not a handsome man, if he wanted a true piece of arm candy he would have no trouble getting it. 

IMO, they are together because of history, habit, affection and beliefs.....no 

different than many couples who have been married for a very long time.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@loyalfashionista wrote:

Dear heart, Robin is his "trophy wife" and playing her to the hilt is what most men like him do!

With all respect, I will adamantly disagree. I would never consider someone who looks like Robin to be a "trophy wife." The only reason that she is passably attractive is the influx of money that goes into her care and upkeep. She is way too thin with a voice that is like chalk on a blackboard and a bit odd looking. In spite of the fact that he is not a handsome man, if he wanted a true piece of arm candy he would have no trouble getting it. 

IMO, they are together because of history, habit, affection and beliefs.....no 

different than many couples who have been married for a very long time.

Good points @Danky.

Honored Contributor

But...but...but... he can fly!!!!!!!!!

Image result for dr phil gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I just can’t think of that man without slightly gagging. Any “help” people get through him is only as a result of allowing themselves to be displayed onstage for people to gawk at, like PT Barnum used to do in his side shows. 

Dr Phil, Dr Oz....

8D575FA8-8F78-4F45-A1DC-6E8447B08219.jpeg

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Maybe all the critics should post their household income, expenses, and amounts they've given to charity.

There's no reason for the 'critics' to do so last I checked.