Regular Visitor

I just wondered when you were going to stop selling down products.  Have you seen the inhumane way these birds are treated.  Today because of greed and demand, their down is ripped out in handfuls...75% of them die.  The ones that don't get their down ripped out till they do die.  I have stopped buying all and any down product and have also told my friends to stop.   Please discontinue your down products.  Your Alternative products work just fine especially with polar fleece sheet or berkshire sheets.  No need for these birds to suffer

Respected Contributor
Spoiler
My son became  a vegetarian at 14 years of age, and became vegan around 6 months ago...he doesn't use any leather or feather products, no eggs, dairy, fish, poultry, gelatin and so much more I don't know about...he's the one who's enlightened me To the horrors that take place to birds and animals...so sad. I love my down alternative comforter and polartec sheets!
Honored Contributor

No decent person or company would condone this torture by buying or selling down products.

Honored Contributor

Re: Down Products

[ Edited ]

ITA.

ETA - we had a similar thread a few years ago.  Someone (who loved her down) said, "But at least the birds are still alive after being plucked, right?" 

Honored Contributor

Re: Down Products

[ Edited ]

Zepp...thanks for posting this.  The same for farm factory animals.  One hundred and fifty million animals tortured and slaughtered every year.  If people were aware, I'm sure they would be outraged.  There is a real disconnect between the reality and the hype.  It is just lack of information, just You Tube Gary Yurofsky, Bite Size Vegan, World Peace Diet, Cowspiracy, Earthlings, etc.  AKgirl...your son is a blessing and only 14.  That is an inspiration and, hopefully, he will enlighten and impact many of his peers.  He is lucky to have a mom who supports him and was willing to open her heart to the plight of innocent animals.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for that post.  It matters.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the information. I am allergic to down but I will pass this on to friends and family.