Honored Contributor

Re: Doris Day Didn't Know How Old She Is

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

That's not unusual.  My mom was 84 when she passed, she knew what year she was born in but she had to do the math real quick to figure out her age.  She joked that she stopped counting at 49 and by the time she got to an age when it didn't matter anymore....she couldn't quite remember.   I'm 57 and but when I think about my age, it seems so old that I always think I must be wrong...lol  

@chrystaltree I felt really young last week when I saw that Michelle Pfeiffer is 58.  I knew she was a few years older but seeing that fabulous photo of her and the age made me think, Hey we are all o.k. and doing good.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

The other night I watched Marissa Tomei interviewed on Colbert.  It hit me that I've watched her for years and she hasn't changed at all.

She looked like she was in her early 20s, fresh faced, so pretty.  I kept thinking about movies I've seen years ago with her in them and it shocked me.  So I went to WIKI and found out she is 51!

OMG, that woman has incredible genes!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

The other night I watched Marissa Tomei interviewed on Colbert.  It hit me that I've watched her for years and she hasn't changed at all.

She looked like she was in her early 20s, fresh faced, so pretty.  I kept thinking about movies I've seen years ago with her in them and it shocked me.  So I went to WIKI and found out she is 51!

OMG, that woman has incredible genes!

She was adorable on Its A Different World.  Really is different now.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Sad that she's still competing with Betty White.  Smiley Happy  (Just kidding!)

doris-day.jpg

Respected Contributor

i get it, Doris!  i rarely tax myself with the subtraction necessary because it is usually irrelevant to me.  there are a few exceptions -  !   i find the discussion of age generally tiresome and not at all productive.

Respected Contributor

i loved reading your story @RedTop  thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I can see how that can happen, especially to someone in their 90s. I can barely remember a lot of things at 47 so I can only imagine how forgetful I would be at 95.

I honestly didnt realize she was still alive. I think I was confusing her with Sandra Dee.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Aw Doris looks cute in that picture. @Noel7 I don't think Marisa just has incredible genes without some assistance, but maybe she does. I saw Jennifer Grey on Who Do You Think You Are and she's 57. She looks amazing, younger than I do. I said so to my mother and being kind she said no she doesn't. But she does.

I don't fault either one of them if they've done anything to their faces. If I had the money I would do it. I feel like I've aged so much in the last three years due to stress. So I like to forget how old I am.

Anyway both Betty and Doris are awesome women.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Time passes by the older you get, so fast, that it is like a touch down of airplane wheels on pavement, and then take off! 

Respected Contributor

i adore ms day.  happy birthday doris, whatever age you are!