Trusted Contributor

I’m sure background checks are done on the people they hire, right!😉 In this day and age letting complete strangers bring you your food is dangerous, but if convenience is more important than your health go right ahead.The same reason I wouldn’t set foot in an Uber and I was proven right on that. Numerous rapes and disappearances. They don’t do proper background checks on their drivers. Yellow Cab for me. They do background checks.

Respected Contributor

I use Grubhub all the time and have never had any issues with it. I found I have to investigate which restaurants have delivery charges and which don't. Sometimes Grubhub sends offers for free delivery or 10-15% of my bill at certain places. I like thel fact that I can choose my tip and have it added to my bill that is charged to a credit card. Life is becoming almost too easy but it is a good way for small restaurants to expand their customer  base and improve their business.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

We use mainly Doordash and I always inspect the packaging and the contents before chowing down. Am thinking that if someone has helped themselves they woud not be able to re-do the packaging. Also wanted to put out there--at least in my area which is NE Seattle--the dashers don't always get the tips that you can add.Its a big deal here and I think there is a lawsuit about it. So I always tip in person. and if I use a new service I ask as well, if the drivers get the tips---Panera drivers do but I still tip in person. Everyone of them seem so surprised and delighted when I hand over cash.

Honored Contributor

Yes, indeed.  We use Doordash.  We also use Uber Eats and Grubhub.  I love them all.  It's just the two of us and it's no secret that I don't particularly like cooking.  I can cook, it just doesn't thrill me.  Also, hubby and I eat differently.  I'm more consious of eating healthy than he is so when we have something delivered, we can each order what we want.  Often restaurant portions are large so sometimes there is enough left over for lunch the next day.    

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot 

I've read that I think it's one of those urban myths or just a lie.  You can't believe everything you read online.   I order form several meal services and from a couple of restaurants who deliver themselves.  There is NO way that the deliver person could nibble on the food.  It comes in trays; either aluminum or foam and the trays go into shopping bags that are stapled shut and very secure and the receipt with the deliver info is stapled to the bag.  There is no way that the driver could get into a bag without the customer knowing.