Honored Contributor

I have a couple of pair of shoes that are perfectly wearable but a little worn on the inside.  Organizations that I have checked out that take shoes want them "new" or "gently used."  Does anyone know of somewhere I can donate shoes in "good" condition???  TIA!

Respected Contributor

Check your local homeless shelters and transitional housing facilities.

Honored Contributor

Goodwill, Salvation Army, battered women's shelter, homeless shelter.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

Depends on what they look like.  Your local school theater program or community theater may be able to use them for a production.  They often need them for costumes (one and done).  I know my school is always looking for items to create costumes.  

Respected Contributor

Look at the shoes with an honest eye.

If you were looking at them at a thrift store and thought eww. No way, then there is your answer. Trash them.

Needy people don't need to settle for worn out shoes. There are plenty of very gently used pieces of clothing out there.

Esteemed Contributor
Our church collects shoes for Zimbabwe. Other churches collect shoes and clothing for those in need.
Check local churches. Good luck.
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50,  the church donation center I volunteered at was thrilled to get gently worn shoes, and our clientele snapped them up eagerly.  Sturdy boots are especially desirable this time of year. 

I can't remember getting any that were in hideous condition, fortunately.   If any clothing items did come in that were not presentable enough for our needy clients, we would either route them to local animal shelters (towels and blankets etc.) or accept them and discreetly dispose of them.

Keep trying and your gently worn items will go to great use! 

Honored Contributor

I have never had a problem donating shoes anywhere, of course they want shoes that are hardly worn and #1 DO NOT STINK.LOL

Respected Contributor

@grandma r wrote:
Our church collects shoes for Zimbabwe. Other churches collect shoes and clothing for those in need.
Check local churches. Good luck.

Schools in our area do the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 Used shoes - unless very new b/c they hurt your feet - throw them in the trash.  Wearing shoes that has another person's sweat gives me bonkers.  Sweat is a very personal thing.   Don't donate your used toothbrushes either...please!