Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

I'm aware of a local church that collects donated shoes for a program called "Soles for Souls."  They collect new and used mens and womens shoes which are donated to other countries in need.  Perhaps you could check with the town/city ministerium in your area to determine if they have such a program where you live.

Thrift stores accept shoes in new and gently used condition. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

@AnikaBrodie  Yes, it's nice that donated shoes are in new or gently worn condition.

Honored Contributor

Goodwill took ours.  I am in Northern California.  In southern Ca the goodwill is not open

Valued Contributor

@shoekitty 

@shoekitty wrote:

Goodwill took ours.  I am in Northern California.  In southern Ca the goodwill is not open

So many of us are waiting to donate when the places are accepting donations again.

Valued Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Look at the shoes with an honest eye.

If you were looking at them at a thrift store and thought eww. No way, then there is your answer. Trash them.

Needy people don't need to settle for worn out shoes. There are plenty of very gently used pieces of clothing out there.

Thank you for sharing this perspective! I really like that though and will keep that in mind next time I go through my closet!

Valued Contributor

@Ms tyrion2  

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Look at the shoes with an honest eye.

If you were looking at them at a thrift store and thought eww. No way, then there is your answer. Trash them.

Needy people don't need to settle for worn out shoes. There are plenty of very gently used pieces of clothing out there.

I agree!

Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

@shoekitty 

@shoekitty wrote:

So many of us are waiting to donate when the places are accepting donations again.

@pprmntstx   My granddaughter took my items in.  She said their was a line a mile long at the drive through  people are waiting for sure.  So many of us have had time to go throug stuff, clean cupboards

Honored Contributor

Re: Donating Shoes

[ Edited ]

To avoid any confusion regarding the older posts on this thread, just a heads up that this is a revived November 2019 discussion (I think the moderators said it's okay to reactivate them as long as threads are less than a year old).😊

Kudos to all those who are helping others by donating.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova