Trusted Contributor

It was announced this morning that over 100 employees of Dole Fresh Vegetables had been confirmed as being tested positive for the virus. They said that 829 employees were tested on Saturday but not all results had been received. The employees have been quarantined at home and the company will continue to stay open. They stated that there was no cases where anyone had gotten the virus from eating salad, etc.

Respected Contributor

Every time food transmission comes up, the experts say it's not going to happen.  We have more ways to worry about.  😷

Wonder how many were showing symptons and wow, 12% infection.  Not good.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg Did it say where the facility was?  Was it fresh foods or canning foods?  

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner  ....... It is in the town I live in ....... Springfield, Ohio. It is fresh fruit packaging.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

Every time food transmission comes up, the experts say it's not going to happen.  We have more ways to worry about.  😷

@Bhvbum 

Ahh, once again "the experts say". I am trying to remember exactly the things they have gotten right. If their projections resemble their past record of being so wrong? WOW!

I have my own projections, but I will spare those that decide to read this, and keep it to myself.

Those that decide to worry about every projection put out by what "the experts say"! Fine with me, I do not. Too many wrong and when more are wrong than right?

Count me out!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I stopped buying Dole products when their salad products were all recalled in 2012, 2014 and 2016 for Listeria....Three strikes and Dole is OUT with me as a purchaser.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Bhvbum 

Ahh, once again "the experts say". I am trying to remember exactly the things they have gotten right. If their projections resemble their past record of being so wrong? WOW!

I have my own projections, but I will spare those that decide to read this, and keep it to myself.

Those that decide to worry about every projection put out by what "the experts say"! Fine with me, I do not. Too many wrong and when more are wrong than right?

Count me out!

hckynut(john)

@hckynut, what should we count you out of? This thread is simply letting us know about a spread Covid infection at a food company. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@hckynut, what should we count you out of? This thread is simply letting us know about a spread Covid infection at a food company. 

@suzyQ3 

Simply put, I take it all about the same as which way the wind is blowing. Seldom interested in or concerned about either. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I think we SHOULD listen to the experts, not you know who.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Simply put, I take it all about the same as which way the wind is blowing. Seldom interested in or concerned about either. 

hckynut

Why would you not be interested in the health experts? They have the knowledge, to know about this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.