Respected Contributor

Re: Doing Anything For Cinco de Mayo?

We thought about tacos or fajitas but ended up just having plain ole meat and taters.

I was wondering what specials our favorite Mexican restaurant would have tonight. Now I'm thirsty for a Margarita!

Have fun tonight, Noel. Sounds great!

Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 5/5/2014 Jules5280 said:

I'm not doing anything, wish I could celebrate with you Noel, it sounds wonderful! I love Mexican food and we always had big celebrations of Cinco de Mayo when I lived in Denver. I have some beautiful Margarita glasses that never get used, but that layered dip in them is an awesome entertaining idea. I also have a salsa bowl shaped like a red chili pepper and the green stem is the spoon, it's cute. If I could make it over I would wear my Sombrero I got in Mexico (black and silver, beaded and fabulous) and a six-pack of Coronas. Enjoy your fiesta sweet friend!!!!! Smile

Now I am craving a Margarita.... I might go over to this local little Mexican place that has the best cilantro salsa and lime margaritas....I'm sure they have specials since it is Cinco de Mayo afterall.

Hi Jules Smile

I see you and I have collecting in common. I have theme table pieces, too. A napkin holder that's a cactus, and several others I'll be dragging out of hiding in a few minutes.

Go for it, girl! Go to that little place and have yourself a Margarita or two! You certainly deserve it {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Off to set the table...

Here's lookin' at everyone here with a strawberry margarita, too... cheers!

Strawberry_Margarita_03.jpg (250×288)

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 tansy said:
On 5/5/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:
On 5/5/2014 tansy said: We beat the crowd and went to our favorite local Mexican spot last night. Have fun, Noel.

Thanks, tansy Smile That's a good idea. The restaurants are bound to be really crowded today.

That's what we're going to do tomorrow, tansy. But I'd rather go to NoelSeven's!

Well, I'm ready to go!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 september said: Your plans sound wonderful, Noel! We've been so busy, I almost forgot what day it is. I'm making huevos rancheros. But without any special drinks or desserts, like I've done in past years.

You're all set, september! I didn't do dessert, either. Trader Joe's has fresh lime popsicles which I considered getting. That would have been no work and a light refreshment after dinner.

Valued Contributor

we ate scrambled eggs with shredded cheese, crushed Doritos, and salsa--yum
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the good wishes, all, and I hope everyone has a good evening, Margaritas or not!

I'd assumed I shouldn't have alcohol with meds but was told as long as I wasn't on Prednisone, have at it. I don't drink much, anyway, but I would like a Margarita every once in awhile {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: we ate scrambled eggs with shredded cheese, crushed Doritos, and salsa--yum

There you go!

Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: we ate scrambled eggs with shredded cheese, crushed Doritos, and salsa--yum

There you go!

That does sound good! I made a big pot of chili yesterday and have been eating it every which way. In a bowl with shredded cheddar and Tostitos scoops and in burrito form with sour cream and lettuce. Once just by itself.

Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 Jules5280 said:

I'm not doing anything, wish I could celebrate with you Noel, it sounds wonderful! I love Mexican food and we always had big celebrations of Cinco de Mayo when I lived in Denver. I have some beautiful Margarita glasses that never get used, but that layered dip in them is an awesome entertaining idea. I also have a salsa bowl shaped like a red chili pepper and the green stem is the spoon, it's cute. If I could make it over I would wear my Sombrero I got in Mexico (black and silver, beaded and fabulous) and a six-pack of Coronas. Enjoy your fiesta sweet friend!!!!! Smile

Now I am craving a Margarita.... I might go over to this local little Mexican place that has the best cilantro salsa and lime margaritas....I'm sure they have specials since it is Cinco de Mayo afterall.

Hi Jules Smile

I see you and I have collecting in common. I have theme table pieces, too. A napkin holder that's a cactus, and several others I'll be dragging out of hiding in a few minutes.

Go for it, girl! Go to that little place and have yourself a Margarita or two! You certainly deserve it {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Off to set the table...

I did it! I went, I ate, I drank a big lime margarita, and I conquered!!!! Was a fun crowd in there tonight, and watched The Voice at the bar. I thought Adam's hair looked quite cute, but that could have been the margarita. Wink Noel, I understand not mixing alcohol with some meds, but you could always have the virgin version. Hope your celebration was fantastic!

As to the poster that said she isn't Hispanic, so why would she celebrate? Bummer for you and more margaritas for me! I don't have to be of Latino decent to enjoy Mexican food, anymore than I have to be Irish to appreciate St. Paddy's day. It was a nice opportunity to get out and have a few laughs, so it was a happy Cinco de Mayo!

Honored Contributor

Might have a bean burrito or 2

hckynut(john)