Honored Contributor

Re: Doing Anything For Cinco de Mayo?

On 5/5/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 5/5/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

Nada, but your spread sounds delicious.

If I could, I'd pass one of the Margarita dip glasses to you, deep Smile I have them made and in the frig, ready to go.

And I'd bring as many limes as I could afford.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 tansy said: We beat the crowd and went to our favorite local Mexican spot last night. Have fun, Noel.

Thanks, tansy Smile That's a good idea. The restaurants are bound to be really crowded today.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 insomniac said:

No. There was a big parade and celebration this past Saturday, but it was cold and rainy, so I stayed at home.

If nothing else, there's got to be party theme music on youtube Smile

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 Jules5280 said:

I'm not doing anything, wish I could celebrate with you Noel, it sounds wonderful! I love Mexican food and we always had big celebrations of Cinco de Mayo when I lived in Denver. I have some beautiful Margarita glasses that never get used, but that layered dip in them is an awesome entertaining idea. I also have a salsa bowl shaped like a red chili pepper and the green stem is the spoon, it's cute. If I could make it over I would wear my Sombrero I got in Mexico (black and silver, beaded and fabulous) and a six-pack of Coronas. Enjoy your fiesta sweet friend!!!!! Smile

Now I am craving a Margarita.... I might go over to this local little Mexican place that has the best cilantro salsa and lime margaritas....I'm sure they have specials since it is Cinco de Mayo afterall.

Hi Jules Smile

I see you and I have collecting in common. I have theme table pieces, too. A napkin holder that's a cactus, and several others I'll be dragging out of hiding in a few minutes.

Go for it, girl! Go to that little place and have yourself a Margarita or two! You certainly deserve it {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Off to set the table...

Trusted Contributor

On 5/5/2014 tansy said: We beat the crowd and went to our favorite local Mexican spot last night. Have fun, Noel.

Thanks, tansy Smile That's a good idea. The restaurants are bound to be really crowded today.

That's what we're going to do tomorrow, tansy. But I'd rather go to NoelSeven's!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

That's what we're going to do tomorrow, tansy. But I'd rather go to NoelSeven's!

Well, I'm ready to go!
Occasional Contributor

I am not Hispanic so why would I?

Super Contributor

Yesterday I went to Old Town. It was so crowded

Today I'm relaxing at home with a glass of red wine. I think I prefer being at home

Honored Contributor

Your plans sound wonderful, Noel! We've been so busy, I almost forgot what day it is. I'm making huevos rancheros. But without any special drinks or desserts, like I've done in past years.
Honored Contributor

I didn't do anything today or this past weekend. I'm not around the fun family members That I usually hang out with.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson