Contributor

Dogs attacked by loose dogs!

Hi everyone, I don't post here much but I know you are all big animal lovers and I am very shaken up. I was walking my too dogs this morning, a shihpoo and a maltipoo, and they were on leashes. Two big bulldogs were loose and came charging at us. I flipped out. I was so scared because they were SO big and my dogs only weigh 10-15 lbs. I was screaming at them to go home and pushing them away with my foot and the owners just stood there and yelled at me! Said it was my fault for walking by their house and "taunting" their dogs and that their dogs would never bite. They did get a hold of one my dogs and I saw teeth but thank God no bites. My little maltipoo was so scared he somehow got out of his harness and ran away. I have a lung disorder and I started to have an attack and couldn't breathe so I couldn't chase after him. I couldn't believe these people, blaming me for walking by their house. I want to call the police (we live in the boonies and don't even think we have a police dept, just the local sheriff) but DH says they won't do anything. I am so angry that these people took NO responsibility and did nothing to stop the fight. Now I can't walk up that way because I would be afraid of being attacked again. My two little sweethearts are so shaken up still and so am I plus I am so angry. I just needed to vent and see if anyone had any ideas what I should do, if I should just stop walking by their house, call the police, get some mace, etc. Thanks for letting me vent! And I just Thank God that everyone is ok and Teddy found his way home and was waiting for me when I got back with Riley.