Esteemed Contributor

Re: Doesn't McDonald's SPAM burger sound appetizing?

No thank you.  Oreo cookies and mayo? I am sure if one is starving they will devour that concoction and believe they just ate a gourmet meal, but for the average Joe, don't think so. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher -

That is so funny to me and probably true! Our depression era parents, esp. in the south?

My father introduced us to spam and also loved scrapple, eww!

We used to give him packages of that for Christmas!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay 

I like scrapple too!😁

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hormel reports that sales of SPAM have soared in each quarter of 2020 compared to 2019.  Escalations have been in the 20-25% range as the impact of quarantine led to rediscovery of stock in the pantry followed by repurchase and a successful television campaign provided new recipie ideas.

Super Contributor

My mother always had Spam, deviled ham, and vienna sausages in the house when I was growing up. She would fry Spam and add barbeque sauce. Served it on white bread with mustard. She would add mayonnaise and pickle relish to deviled ham. I remember liking Spam but wouldn't touch deviled ham or vienna sausages.

Honored Contributor

It's really popular in Hawaii. I saw it at the McDonalds and other places.

Honored Contributor

When I saw this sandwich on tv last night, it made me sick to even look at it. Somehow I don’t think it’s even true.....
Honored Contributor

E17EC2F2-3FF1-4689-8E3F-5C1282704B65.jpeg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I posted earlier that my sons wouldn't eat Vienna sausages. Well, that's not entirely true. When they were toddlers, I used to give it to them as finger food. Later, when they were little, I used to brown them in butter, cut them up and add them to pork n' beans. I never just served them right from the can. Same with the beans. I always added add ins to make them like you make baked beans. The first time my sons had them right out of the can at a friends house, they wouldn't eat them. They couldn't understand why they weren't like mine! When my youngest was in college he decided to give Vienna sausages another try. He called me up to tell me and he says, "Mom, I bought some Vienna sausages and they had gone bad". I asked him what he meant and he said, "they were in  some kind of watery gel" I said, "yes, that's  how they're supposed to be.". Him; "Ewww...I'm not eating meat that's  in that stuff! Disgusting!"🤮🤢 Lol! 😂 😂😂

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

Spam at Mc Donald's sounds disgusting