Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone still carry a pocket calender?

I'm a calendar person and oh yes I do, have one in my purse and near where my chair is. Sometimes I need to know. We have one by the other puter/and desk and I have one in my other room on my desk area. I love my calendar. No palm pilot here.

Honored Contributor

I have a small Moleskine week-by-week pocket calendar that has a ruled page opposite the week page. Works well for me when I want to jot down ideas on the go.
Esteemed Contributor

I use a pocket calendar, as in a paper book type one, you write in. You know like the old days. lol. Its in my purse all the time.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

I used a pocket calendar for years, then purchased a Palm Pilot, which I used for about 7 years. Now, even with my iPhone, I do keep a pocket calendar, because my life is in that pocket calendar. If I put my "life" in my iPhone and there's a glitch or I lose it or it gets stolen, I'm going to be in such a bind!

I do like the pocket calendar I get from American Express each year, as it's leather, has brass corners and my initials in gold on the lower right front corner and lots of information in the rear, which I find very useful. And, it costs only $2.99 plus shipping.

Respected Contributor

Answer: Yes.

Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I couldn't be without a pocket calendar. When we go to the doctor, I write in my next appt., plus whatever else is going on from month to month. I have been using one for years and years. I find it very handy. I am not a techie, so I wouldn't know how to use it on my phone.

Someone always manages to buy me one along with the Christmas and Birthday gifts..... Everyone knows I use them....Smile

Respected Contributor

On 4/19/2014 sfnative said:

I used a pocket calendar for years, then purchased a Palm Pilot, which I used for about 7 years. Now, even with my iPhone, I do keep a pocket calendar, because my life is in that pocket calendar. If I put my "life" in my iPhone and there's a glitch or I lose it or it gets stolen, I'm going to be in such a bind!

I do like the pocket calendar I get from American Express each year, as it's leather, has brass corners and my initials in gold on the lower right front corner and lots of information in the rear, which I find very useful. And, it costs only $2.99 plus shipping.

You can use iCloud to back-up and sync your iPhone calendar with any other Apple products you own, or even a PC.

Honored Contributor

The hair salon gives them out in Dec, but I don't use them. I keep all appointments on my work laptop. I suppose if I wasn't working, I would probably need one.

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 happy housewife said:

For years when I worked I carried a pocket calendar until they came out with palm pilots and I started using that. Now that I'm retired and so is the palm pilot I have reverted back to my pocket calendar. I have a daytimer type app on my tablet but I don't carry it everywhere I go and , honestly, it is a pain in the neck to have to get from start to the screen just to enter an appt - much easier to just scribble it on my calendar. So I wonder if I am the only one still in the dark ages before electronic everything using my old fashioned paper calendar and a pen.

I haven't use a pocket calendar for decades. I had a Palm Pilot which I really like and now I have several Apple products. They all synch which makes it nice.

Honored Contributor

I have used a pocket appt. calendar for years and would be so lost without one. I must mark down all my doctor appts., notes about medications, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. It clears my head of these things.

I am not much for gadgets. I think they are fascinating but I have neither the money nor the inclination to mess with them.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin