Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone remember Nesco?

Nesco was a great product and it still is. I have my MILs Nesco roaster which DH thinks she may have purchased back in the 1950s! It still works great and makes the best roasted turkey ever. Every time I make a turkey I pull it out of storage. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I make other foods in it too; for example, pork and sauerkraut, homemade apple sauce and apple butter, beef bar-be-cue, etc.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Have several, an 18 qt in the cabin and the house - a 12 qt and two 4 qt - have the steam table inserts as well for the 18 and 4 qt, the browning lids with fans for the 18 qts, etc. Have used them many times over the years.

Around here one doesn't go to a church dinner, firehouse supper, school chili-fest or family reunion without seeing several Nescos in use - not to mention the holiday dinners, of course.

Virginia was a soft-spoken kind woman and really seemed to enjoy her time at the Q. I remember her well and fondly.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the smaller version as it's just me and my hubby for dinner. I use it for more than the holidays.

I do miss the warmth of the shows of the past - it felt like something special was going to happen.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I loved to watch nesco shows. We had 2 of them.
Trusted Contributor

I have a large Nesco roaster that I bought more than 10 years ago. I think I only used it once. I baked my Thanksgiving stuffing in it, in a casserole, because I didn't have room in my oven. I've never used it for anything else because I've never been exactly sure what else to do with it.

I was going to get rid of it, but it's like brand new. So, I thought I'd keep it in case of a power failure. I could plug it into the line that goes to our generator and cook in it.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

Yes, I recall watching those Nesco programs with Virginia. Even though they offered several sizes of the roaster oven, I never bought one because they were all way too big for my needs. But I enjoyed seeing what they would cook. I guess that, too, ended when QVC got more into their own lines of cookware. Good to hear that Virginia is happily pursuing her own creative interests now.