Honored Contributor

Does anyone know about phone numbers

Some friends have their cell and home phone the same number. I have 2 different numbers. Home phone is thru  spectrum. Wondering if I can have both numbers the same?!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know about phone numbers

@CherryHugs wrote:

Some friends have their cell and home phone the same number. I have 2 different numbers. Home phone is thru  spectrum. Wondering if I can have both numbers the same?!

@CherryHugs wrote:

never heard of that.

Esteemed Contributor

Call forwarding from one to the other?

Honored Contributor

I'll bet they are on the same provider. 

Honored Contributor

Hmm they are different providers Cat Embarassed

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I believe you need to forward your home phone to your cell. That way you won't be divulging your home phone number. 

Honored Contributor

I seem to recall that you could have the same number for home phone and cell phone but I don't remember which provider offered it.  I thought it was a good idea.

Why don't you ask your friends???

Respected Contributor

I have a friend who had her home phone land line number assigned as her cell phone number when she got rid of her home phone.  But I haven’t heard of both a cell and land line with the same number. 

Honored Contributor

@queendiva 

Thats what we have my home phone never rings only use my cell, but we keep the home phone its cheaper to keep that get rid of

@queendiva wrote:

Call forwarding from one to the other?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

There is a thing called 'porting'. That's where a landline number is moved to a cell phone. You need to talk with you cell phone provider to do this. That provider will need your last landline phone bill to make it valid. Porting from landlines to cell phones is only possible as long as your cell phone provider has service in the same area as your landline. For example, you cannot port a Texas landline to a cell phone company in NY.

Best thing to do is contact your cell service provider.