Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know about phone numbers

HSN sells a landline phone which you somehow coordinate with your cell so you can answer the cell on the landline.  This may be what the previous poster was referring to.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes you can link your cell phone and your landline via Bluetooth, if you buy a landline phone that offers link to cell.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 I have a Panasonic that has several handsets I got from either HSN or QVC several years ago, can't remember which.  You can make a Bluetooth connection and then your cell also rings on your home phone.  I used to do that when I was out working in the yard, but never re-connected when I got my latest cell phone.  I think that only works though when you're close enough to make the Bluetooth connection.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess    That's probably what I've seen presented.  I believe it was a Panasonic phone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Some friends have their cell and home phone the same number. I have 2 different numbers. Home phone is thru  spectrum. Wondering if I can have both numbers the same?!

@CherryHugs I have never heard of having the same numbers on home and cell phones.

Honored Contributor

I know you can link the landline to the cell but wouldn't the cell still have its own number???

It's the same as call forwarding, from what I understand.  But the landline is one number and the cell is another.

Not a tech person here.  Woman Embarassed

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

i just forward my calls from my landline to my cell phone when i wish. it takes 15 seconds.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I recently bought a Vtech phone  from Amazon that will receive cell phone calls. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Comcast phone service in my home as part of my cable package.  I have a Verizon cell phone.

I can have my home phone ring on my cell phone by downloading an Xfinity app on my cell phone.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Folks are trying to say have your land line number moved to your cell phone. but that's not what you were asking.  

You want to know if you can have a land line and a cell phone have the same number.  Last I checked for myself, the only way to do it was to have call forwarding where the land line transfers to your cell,  but you still have two different numbers for each.