Honored Contributor

Does anyone here know why...

QVC takes down some product videos when the item is still listed and selling well?

In particular, I'm talking about the Berkshire blanket velvet style blanket. I think it was a TSV and I asked for one for Christmas, received it, LOVED it, and wanted to order another. I went to watch the video online to get a better look at the colors in order to make a decision and the video was gone.

This product has super high ratings, must still be selling well, as colors in queen size keep disappearing, yet the video has been gone for quite some time.

Anyone know why they take down some of these videos? I can see if the item has never aired, there wouldn't be a video, or if it is an older product, with maybe one color left, or something of that nature. One of the reasons I like Q is because you can watch a detailed video of most products over and over to see color, texture, quality, etc. Much better than buying from sites that just have one picture of an item.

Is it some kind of a technical thing, where they only have so much space for so many videos or something? I was just wondering.

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone here know why...

Most likely because the video contains incorrect info about pricing. The video may have been recorded when the item was on special and now the item is being offered at full price. Or perhaps the shipping price has changed.

Respected Contributor

It's possible that the video ceased working. I think it was about 6 months ago they did some sort of update on the .com and after that many people started posting that they could no longer view the videos.

Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

It's possible that the video ceased working. I think it was about 6 months ago they did some sort of update on the .com and after that many people started posting that they could no longer view the videos.

This seems like a possibility, and I didn't know that it was happening with other videos, thanks.

Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 bathina said:

Most likely because the video contains incorrect info about pricing. The video may have been recorded when the item was on special and now the item is being offered at full price. Or perhaps the shipping price has changed.

That would make sense, but I often see other videos with the wrong price, (like it was a TSV or a one time only in the video and is now at a higher price) and they still keep them on. That shipping thing is a real possibility as well, because it seems that shipping keeps going up and up. Thanks for the ideas.