Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else still solely use a flip phone?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I do, it is a Trac-fone too!  I only use my phone for emergencies, I don't text, or chat while driving or in stories where everyone can hear your conversations!   I have a computer and iPad at home that I use.  It serves my purpose and I plan on keeping it! 

Trusted Contributor

I just bought my first smartphone a couple of days ago only because my flip was not getting good enough reception.  I don't need a smartphone with all the extras. I don't need the internet, games, or any apps. I just need a phone that makes and receives calls.  I miss the small size of my flip phone and pressing on real buttons instead of swiping and tapping several times to make a call. 

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

my 78 year old mom uses a flip phone and barely uses it. she has so many missed calls, list of voice mails, and list of text messages that seem to just pile up until i tell her to go through her phone and delete them.

this is one of the reasons why we wont let her get a smart phone.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Thanks for all your interesting feedback.  A friend of mine just informed me that Jay Leno and Warren Buffett - two gentlemen who could afford anything in the tech world - are still using flip phones too!

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Yes, I do, it is a Trac-fone too!  I only use my phone for emergencies, I don't text, or chat while driving or in stories where everyone can hear your conversations!   I have a computer and iPad at home that I use.  It serves my purpose and I plan on keeping it! 

Neither do I and I am sure most of us with Smart Phones don't either. By the way, you can do all the things you mentioned with a Tracfone.

Esteemed Contributor

@gellen wrote:

Thanks for all your interesting feedback.  A friend of mine just informed me that Jay Leno and Warren Buffett - two gentlemen who could afford anything in the tech world - are still using flip phones too!

Some people love a simple phone. They will not move on

I changed my to a smart phone after hurricane Sandy.

I would have a hard time going back to a simple phone. I enjoy some of the apps like SwiftKey keyboard for typing, and Verizon's message app.

I will change phones next year to a Note 11. I am using Android 7. It is near the end of it's user life.