Esteemed Contributor

I am just wondering, does UPS ring your door bell or knock upon delivery? Our guy used to but the past few years he hasn't.

Well the other night 2 Christmas gifts we ordered were delivered and one was a kitchen aid mixer for mother in law (pricey). I checked and checked until 7 PM and then I thought well hes not coming.

About 830 I thought I better check again before DH goes to bed because I cant lift that mixer, (and we were right in the living room but we never heard the truck and he didn't ring the bell). Low and behold I found the mixer and another gift we ordered on the porch.

From now on, I will be checking off and on nightly for packages in case, as we order lots of gifts online.

PS he did this one time when we got our laptop long ago, and it was on the porch all night. But after I complained he would ring for a while, now he doesn't again!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does UPS ring your bell?

yes he does but believe me he breaks all the land speed records crossing my lawn and jumping back into his truck before I even make it to the front door.  That man needs to,try out for the Olympic 500 meter race team.

Super Contributor

Not usually, but if I am expecting a package, especially a high price item,   I use the tracking # which will tell you when the package is on the truck for delivery.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U wrote:

I am just wondering, does UPS ring your door bell or knock upon delivery? Our guy used to but the past few years he hasn't.

Well the other night 2 Christmas gifts we ordered were delivered and one was a kitchen aid mixer for mother in law (pricey). I checked and checked until 7 PM and then I thought well hes not coming.

About 830 I thought I better check again before DH goes to bed because I cant lift that mixer, (and we were right in the living room but we never heard the truck and he didn't ring the bell). Low and behold I found the mixer and another gift we ordered on the porch.

From now on, I will be checking off and on nightly for packages in case, as we order lots of gifts online.

PS he did this one time when we got our laptop long ago, and it was on the porch all night. But after I complained he would ring for a while, now he doesn't again!

Sign up with UPS for email delivery notification when the package arrives. It works like a charm. You'll never have a package on the porch overnight or waiting too long for you to retrieve. It's a deterrent for thief in my view. And, no more packages left in rain or snowy weather! 

Those UPS drivers are so overworked and on a strict timed schedule, they really don't have time to ring every doorbell. Especially during the busy seasons. You have no idea how hectic their job is! Those drivers deserve medals and combat pay for the work they do and the conditions the work in. They are exceptional people for the most part.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

the only time he rings or knocks is for a wine delivery.

usually i leave the garage door open and he leaves it near our door. sometimes he will leave it at the front door if the garage is closed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I rarely get UPS deliveries anymore, but when I do there is rarely a doorbell involved.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Post office yes. UPS no. I've had the same late night surprise.
Honored Contributor

Knocks....once and he is off!

Contributor

Yes, always.  UPS deliveries in my neighborhood are always from 6-8pm, and even though I live in a very, very low crime area, my UPS delivery person always rings my doorbell with each delivery.  

Honored Contributor

No.

For the past few months ours honks the horn as he's rolling to a stop and another poster said, breaks the speed record running from the truck to the house and back again.  Barely knocks.

If you weren't sitting in the front of the house, you'd never know he showed up unless you opened the front door later in the day.