Esteemed Contributor

We were out of town for 3 days and came home to little ants in my kitchen.  So awful to have them around food.  Can't stand it. I want to try to get rid of them myself before calling pest people.  One way or another they GOT TO GO. Advice please please.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

I don't know about the product you listed but my last apt got them all the time.  I would spray with undiluted simple green or Mrs meyers all purpose cleaning spray.  Both killed instantly and they didn't come back (except every spring). Then I would re-clean with spray after wiping them up.

Good luck! They are so gross in the house, especially the kitchen!

Respected Contributor

Yes, the liquid works, but it draws more ants!

I switched to the spray and it works well. Sometimes I need to spray more than once as my ants are relentless. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Terro liquid work?

[ Edited ]

Follow the trail.     If it leads to a kitchen cabinet, there's something in there that they want.  You need to get rid of "the source" of their FOOD.   

Could be the ants are heading to a leaking can, sugar, flour, dried fruit, candy, etc.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

Yes, the liquid works, but it draws more ants!

I switched to the spray and it works well. Sometimes I need to spray more than once as my ants are relentless. 

I agree!  Yes, it works.  I think it draws more ants for awhile once word gets out to the other ants and they all come get some and take it back home.  Then they're usually gone.  I prefer the Terro syrup because I can control where it is vs having the spray all over.

Honored Contributor

My sister in PA. Just went through an ant crisis.  She said Terro was the only thing that worked.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,

Good to know, thank you!

Happy Monday Blessings Photos and Images | Shutterstock

Respected Contributor

For whatever reason, last year I had them big time coming out of the closet in my bathroom. A friend suggested Terro. It seemed like every ant in the house crammed itself in that container of liquid and I was gonna toss it, but forgot. The next day the container was there but the ants were gone they didn't come back.

Respected Contributor

Works for me as well.  Only thing I use.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV   Absolutely yes!  Every year I get those little ants in my kitchen and my kitchen is clean....cause I know they will show up, it's like clockwork every year.  

I put out a couple of drops of TERRO on a piece of cardboard in several locations on the kitchen countertops and within 24 hours or so, ants are gone.  For me it's almost a miracle product.

The ants congretate on the terro drops and then travel back to the nest.....and then they are gone.  I might have to repeat a week or so later, but not always.