Respected Contributor

Does Hallmark Stores Have Sales After Christmas?

With so many of the stores closing in my area some years ago I thought they were all closed but I saw one in a few towns over from mine that is still thriving. I haven't been in a Hallmark store for years. Do you know if they still have sales after Christmas? Ornaments etc.Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Hallmark Stores Have Sales After Christmas?

You know, I haven't been in one of these stores in years.  Amazon has really changed so much of how we shop now. With age, for us, to shop from home is a joy.

Honored Contributor

Yes, but the stores are very picked over.

Trusted Contributor

@cuddlesmama .... The day after Christmas ornaments are between 40-50% off. My sister and l give our niece and her husband gift cards. They're what they ask for. They go the next day and buy more ornaments. There's usually quite a few ornaments left...depending on the ones you're looking for.

Christmas gift wrap is on sale, too, like other stores. Hallmark gift wrap is really nice paper if you're looking for heavy-weight paper. I can't remember if any other Hallmark items are on sale.

Have a wonderful Christmas! 🎄🎅
Trusted Contributor

The local Hallmark stores in my area are owned by the same person.  The after-Christmas sale is not 50% off - it is always a lower percentage and they put out old unsold ornaments and merchandise year after year to get rid of it.  

Honored Contributor

our local hallmark store has great sales after christmas. i cannot remember what the initial percentages off are, but it is worth going multiple times.

by the end of the sale there can be some wonderful items at 75% off! i put stuff away for next year.

it is almost more fun to go after christmas and see what bargains you can find.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

The Hallmark store near me has a great sale after Christmas and most holiday items are 50% off. Also check the Hallmark website for the after Christmas sale. 

Honored Contributor

You should sign up for the Hallmark store card (it isn't a credit card, just a card). I get so much free money to spend there. In fact I have $2 in free money to spend today before it expires do I'm going there and there have been really great percentages off coupons to spend there this holiday season. In Sept there is always a 40% off coupon good all month long. You also get reward dollars back for what you spend.

Back to your ques. Yes our stores start with 40% off on most Xmas stuff that gets progressive and ends up with 75% off the dregs that are left later in the season.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
You should sign up for the Hallmark store card (it isn't a credit card, just a card). I get so much free money to spend there. In fact I have $2 in free money to spend today before it expires do I'm going there and there have been really great percentages off coupons to spend there this holiday season. In Sept there is always a 40% off coupon good all month long. You also get reward dollars back for what you spend.

Back to your ques. Yes our stores start with 40% off on most Xmas stuff that gets progressive and ends up with 75% off the dregs that are left later in the season.

I do have the Hallmark card but since the stores have closed in my area I haven't used it in years. Thanks for you reply mcuh appreciated.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama   You are welcome.  I'm just back from Hallmark and chose a pkg. of pretty tissue paper for my $2.00 coupon so I got it for 49 cents (it was priced at $2.49).