Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,827
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

I'm either going to buy that or a PhoneSoap during the company's holiday sale. It is the same thing as a PhoneSoap except it is a larger box that you could fit more items in to sanitize them such as remote controls, tablets, eyeglasses, keys, pacifiers to just name a few. Of course it is costlier but there is 20% off site wide so now would be the time to get it. I don't want to get the phone sized one and later regret not getting the o e that accommodates more things.

 

Also does anyone know whether PhoneSoap has damaged any Smartphones?

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,509
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: Does Anyone Use A HomeSoap?

@Pearlee  I have not seen anything to indicate it damages items.  I went to their site and am now interested in the larger one too. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,827
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Does Anyone Use A HomeSoap?


@mspatmac wrote:

@Pearlee  I have not seen anything to indicate it damages items.  I went to their site and am now interested in the larger one too. 


@mspatmac  It pays to get the larger one. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,722
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Does Anyone Use A HomeSoap?

I have a question about these germ killing devices. How do you really know they are doing what they claim? Is there some test that shows it is killing COVID? Guess you are just suppose to believe they work.....ButI am skeptical.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,827
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Does Anyone Use A HomeSoap?


@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have a question about these germ killing devices. How do you really know they are doing what they claim? Is there some test that shows it is killing COVID? Guess you are just suppose to believe they work.....ButI am skeptical.


@SeaMaiden  @mspatmac  There is much info on the internet about their effectiveness, including from CNN, Business First and The Discovery Channel which had PhoneSoap tested by a very skeptical microbiologist.

 

 Spend 15 min researching it if you are indeed curious about it.

@mspatmac  PhoneSoap's sale is 20% off and Otterbox's is 25% off but I'm a little leery of the latter company and if I order it'll be with PhoneSoap. I would get the Homesoap I decided.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,899
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: Does Anyone Use A HomeSoap?

[ Edited ]

There.  All fixed.
""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,899
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: Does Anyone Use A HomeSoap?

[ Edited ]

There.  All fixed.

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,962
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Does Anyone Use A HomeSoap?


@Pearlee wrote:

I'm either going to buy that or a PhoneSoap during the company's holiday sale. It is the same thing as a PhoneSoap except it is a larger box that you could fit more items in to sanitize them such as remote controls, tablets, eyeglasses, keys, pacifiers to just name a few. Of course it is costlier but there is 20% off site wide so now would be the time to get it. I don't want to get the phone sized one and later regret not getting the o e that accommodates more things.

 

Also does anyone know whether PhoneSoap has damaged any Smartphones?

 


@Pearlee   I have a special drying box for my hearing aids. I still need to do the routine cleaning.  I use this to protect my investment, not because I’m afraid of germs.  I don’t feel the germ killing devices are needed.  If they work is one thing, but the other thing is that the freshly cleaned item is immediately dirty again the second it gets touched. Lastly, your personal items are being touched by you and you don’t have to be afraid of your own germs.  They are actually good for you.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,827
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Does Anyone Use A HomeSoap?


@Cakers3 wrote:

I think after research if one is comfortable buying this type of device, then do so.

 

I have always wiped down remotes, computer keyboards and mouse, and even my smartphone but I'm also a skitch germaphobic anyway.  LOL

 

Even Apple says Clorox wipes can be used on smartphones.

 

If buying this device, though, I would go with the larger one.  Seems more practical.


@Cakers3 "Even Apple says..."  but that doesn't mean everyone says. I have yet to read anywhere that it's OK to use wipes on my Samsung Galaxy screen. I don't own any Apple products. Also the light rays penetrate where wipes don't reach when a person wipes down an item.  Furthermore wipes are scarce nowadays, at least those with the alcohol content I want in them. I've only seen Clorox wipes one time since the pandemic started.

 

And yes I read within the first five minutes of researching HomeSoap weeks ago that it hasn't been proven to kill COVID. That's one reason I suggested SeaMaiden should spend 15 min researching and she'd no doubt have all her questions answered. The info is easily found

Thanks so much for putting in the time though since you don't seem to be interested yourself in purchasing the product. My thinking is, it only helps and can't hurt. As for your thinking that something getscdurty again immediately anyway. That's true for wiping something with wipes too so in your thinking, why bother with them?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,899
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: Does Anyone Use A HomeSoap?

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:


@Cakers3 "Even Apple says..."  but that doesn't mean everyone says. I have yet to read anywhere that it's OK to use wipes on my Samsung Galaxy screen. I don't own any Apple products. Also the light rays penetrate where wipes don't reach when a person wipes down an item.  Furthermore wipes are scarce nowadays, at least those with the alcohol content I want in them. I've only seen Clorox wipes one time since the pandemic started.

 

And yes I read within the first five minutes of researching HomeSoap weeks ago that it hasn't been proven to kill COVID. That's one reason I suggested SeaMaiden should spend 15 min researching and she'd no doubt have all her questions answered. The info is easily found

Thanks so much for putting in the time though since you don't seem to be interested yourself in purchasing the product. My thinking is, it only helps and can't hurt. As for your thinking that something getscdurty again immediately anyway. That's true for wiping something with wipes too so in your thinking, why bother with them?


@Pearlee   Actually I was interested to see what this was about so I posted.  I had no idea what a HomeSoap was.

 

I mentioned Apple just as an interest pov.

 

I also own a Samsung Smartphone with no problem using a quick wipe.

 

Also-I am not the one who said that these items get dirty right away.

You have the wrong poster.  That was @JeanLouiseFinch 

 

 

My apology for being curious to learn what this was about and trying to contribute.  It won't happen again.

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi