Respected Contributor

Do you think this man's actions toward this child were cruel or well, funny?

We've all been there. You're standing in line for something, and behind you is a screaming child; and, to make the situation worse, his or her caretaker seems oblivious to the temper-tantrum happening in front of their eyes, and makes no effort whatsoever to fix the situation or quell the kid's demands. But how far would you go to get revenge?

According to Eater, one man went so far as to order 23 apple pies to exact his own punishment in the form of disappointment. After standing in front of such a duo while waiting to order at Burger King, listening to the child curse at his mother, throw his Gameboy and repeatedly demand the sweet dessert, the man bought up every single last pie in the place — and no, we’d assume he wasn’t actually planning on eating them all. He then turned to walk away, glancing back to watch the family learn that there were, sadly, no pies left.

Later, he took to Reddit to ask the masses if he was a bad person. Do you think his methods were justified, or was he acting irrationally?

(From my MSN homepage)

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think this man's actions toward this child were cruel or well, funny?

Pretty danged funny if you ask me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think this man's actions toward this child were cruel or well, funny?

I hope he eventually enjoys every last bite of those 23 pies......

Respected Contributor

who was the bigger child...........him or the little kid........my money is on him....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

He'll probably throw them away. I certainly wouldn't eat that awful junk. Maybe he did the kid a favor.

Frequent Contributor

My hero

Respected Contributor

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Contributor

LOL, wish I would have thought of that.

Respected Contributor

Just read this thread to my husband and based on

listening to the child curse at his mother, throw his Gameboy and repeatedly demand the sweet dessert, the man bought up every single last pie in the place.

He said he would have done the exact same thing, then passed them out to anybody on the street who wanted to eat one. Neither one of us tolerate brats very well.

Respected Contributor

I would say if the parent was going to give in to the little monster THAT would be cruel to the child. You don't reward bad behavior, period.

I'm with the guy on this one.