Honored Contributor

Do you think they will be showing maxi dresses and skirts again this summer?

I hope so as I have quite a few but I was careful to mostly buy ones that can be cut off if I need to shorten them. I do have a couple tiered ruffled ones but I think I'd wear them anyway. Around here they are a kind of at the beach look I think, so would still be useful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think they will be showing maxi dresses and skirts again this summer?

@151949  Yes very soon it appears.  When I log in anymore I get a box to sign up for email reminders for new fashions beginning first week in February.  They're already beginning to show summer shoes/sandals, fashions are not far behind. When you see something now that you really like and want, buy it now otherwise you'll n ot be finding it later b/c it'll be sold out.  That's what I've learned shopping here.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think they will be showing maxi dresses and skirts again this summer?

Yes, maxi skirts and dresses will be big again this year.

A friend of mine works for Chico's.  She said they're not going away any time soon.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brii wrote:

Yes, maxi skirts and dresses will be big again this year.

A friend of mine works for Chico's.  She said they're not going away any time soon.  LOL

Oh good I don't want to have to do all that hemming.

Honored Contributor

I am 55 and I cannot remember a time when maxi skirts and dresses were not popular in the summer.  Of course, sometimes they are more popular, sometimes less.  But they are always on the scene.  In my favorite family picture, my sisters and my mom and I are on the Vineyard and we are dressed in maxi dresses and thong sandals.  I was about 9.  I wore maxis in my teens, 20's 30's; every summer of my life.  So, yes.  Maxki skirts and dresses will sold and seen, just like always. 

Valued Contributor

Good! I won't have to shave very high up on my legs!

Honored Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

Good! I won't have to shave very high up on my legs!

Bingo!  Maxi dresses and ankle pants, gotta love them,

Respected Contributor

I sure do hope so - I bought several maxi dresses last year...

Long, flowy, comfortable and cool...

Wear them casual or dress them up - always looks good.

A nice change from capris... 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I wish I could wear maxi dresses.  I'm 5'5" and they just look ridiculous on me.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I wish I could wear maxi dresses.  I'm 5'5" and they just look ridiculous on me.

I'm 5'5" and love them.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."