Honored Contributor

Re: Do you talk to yourself?

@SilleeMee wrote:

I talk to my dog all the time...does that count?

@SilleeMee 

That used to be my excuse but my dog passed away and I am still doing it!

Respected Contributor

I do not. I never have but, lots of people do. 

Esteemed Contributor

I call it "thinking out loud." I've been talking to myself for many years - because I've been alone a lot. A few months ago, I had a female staying in my house for 3 months - in my downstairs bedroom.I usually start talking when I'm in the kitchen - especially when washing dishes. The female was in her bedroom (right next to my family room/kitchen) - and she popped out of the door - and asked who I was talking to. My little lhasa was also in the kitchen - and I said, "I've been talking to my dog." I looked at my dog - and she wagged her tail.

Don't think she bought it.

Valued Contributor

Then I answer myself,  anyone else?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I don't have conversations, but I mutter and mumble somewhat.  Talk to the dog too.

Shoekitty said,  I talk to my cat Sushi all day long.   He talks to me, as he is part siamese.  Yes i mustter to myself all day  curse a lot too i am told, i am always letting off steam, if I can't open jar,  a package.....it is always something

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've gotten great advice from talking to myself. MYSELF has never lead me WRONG!!

I love it!! Other people would tell you what they thing you want to her but MYSELF, always guided me to the way I should go.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

I talk to myself whenever I want an expert opinion!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@kaydee50 wrote:

IMO talking to yourself is a sign of high intelligence!!  I do it all the time--LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

I talk to myself all the time. 

I had to laugh when I noticed that many of you talk to your dogs and cats.   I talk to my guinea pigs.  I can carry on full conversations with them.  We discuss whether they've had a good night's sleep or if they are hungry.  I sing to them and I've even been known to read to them.  

I had their window open during a nice spring day and I was talking my usual baby talk to them when the UPS man walked by the window.  He rang the bell and when I went to answer I could tell by his expression that he had heard me.  I know he must have thought I was some crazy lady.  It probably didn't help that I was wearing a shirt that said "I love my guinea pigs".  

Guinea pigs are great listeners and always agree with me on everything i say.  

Many times I'll be talking to them and my husband will ask me what I said and I'll say I was just talking to the guinea pigs.  He knows that I always consult with them first. Lol!

Respected Contributor

Only when I have my hearing aids in so I can hear what I'm saying to myself.