Esteemed Contributor

Do you remember talk about the Bermuda Triangle?

With weather science so advanced I think back to the time when we read about the Bermuda Triangle where ships and planes just disappeared.  At that time I read every book and article published about this mystery but..... where did  so many transportation vessels and their crew go?  It was known as the Devil's Triangle.  An answer was never provided - but is it possible they were the result of storms?  (i.e., Florida now)

Contributor

Re: Do you remember talk about the Bermuda Triangle?

As a teenager it was very interesting to me.  I did read a book or two about it.  But maybe you are right, it could have been storms that were not able to be predicted.

Honored Contributor

There's a theory about rogue waves.  Which were thought to be a myth but scientists have proven that they really do exist.  They are monsterous waves and seem to come from nowhere and can sink the biggest of ships.  That's a possibility but it doesn't explain the planes that vanished.  It's still a mystery.

Trusted Contributor

Even to this day, an average of 4 planes and 20 ships disappear in the triangle every year.  The latest studies suggest it is a result of hexagonal cloud formations that produce "air bombs."  Massive bursts of air shoot down from the clouds which can knock planes of the sky.  When the bursts of air hit the ocean, they cause massive 40 foot waves which can capsize ships.

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt

I read a few books on it back in my school days. I think storms could explain the ships sinking or planes crashing but for them to disappear without a trace? If huge waves sunk a ship wouldn't pieces of it wash ashore? Same with planes that go down. 

What about the theory that there's a portal to another dimension? 

Honored Contributor

I do remember reading about the bermuda triangle. I read several articles about that area.

Up on Lake Superior they also have a similar situation. Ships would just disappear. All anyone can figure out is storms just pop up out of nowhere and produce enough waves these waves just "swollow" up ships.

I believe the bermuda triangle is same. storms just pop up out nowhere and "swollow" up ships/airplanes.

Honored Contributor

I've heard a theory about a magnetic anomoly exsisting in the area.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I worked with a lady whose husband disappeared there.  His was one of the more spectacular cases, so I will not call the name of the yacht he commandeered.   I will get spooked and scared myself if I talk too much about it.  Suffice it to say, she since has gotten strange phone calls from someone who knows something and black roses are sent to her from time to time with her husband's name on them.  Modern day pirates

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I worked with a lady whose husband disappeared there.  His was one of the more spectacular cases, so I will not call the name of the yacht he commandeered.   I will get spooked and scared myself if I talk too much about it.  Suffice it to say, she since has gotten strange phone calls from someone who knows something and black roses are sent to her from time to time with her husband's name on them.  Modern day pirates

@Nonametoday

Oh boy, now THAT is creepy ......

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

That is very strange,it would make me crazy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.