Honored Contributor

It seems so slow to get help for the people.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you realize

[ Edited ]

@luv-the-Q wrote:

The entire National Guard in Texas has been activated.  Where are you getting your information?  There is no way anyone or anything could have prepared for this.  

I am watching the news, i see volunteers helping ,not much mention of the national guard, they ,  k new the hurricane was going to hit.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It seems to be local residents that are out helping, where is national guard,we have them in every state.

Anyone who was in the path of the storm should have evacuated.

When you follow a marked evac route there are shelters set up in areas that are safely away from flood prone areas. Schools, town halls, etc. Cots, blankets, hot food, bottled water. Red Cross Disaster Services, Salvation Army are there.

Respected Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

The entire National Guard in Texas has been activated.  Where are you getting your information?  There is no way anyone or anything could have prepared for this.  

That was my question too. Where are getting the information that there is no government help in TX?

I find it much more productive to be optimistic about what IS being done than to search for reasons to criticize based on fake news.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It seems so slow to get help for the people.

It takes time

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy, you might find this article interesting.  A similar, but thankfully not as severe, event happened in Florida during an evacuation order.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/28/546721363/why-didn-t-officials-order-the-evacuatio...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@luv-the-Q wrote:

That was my question too. Where are getting the information that there is no government help in TX?

I find it much more productive to be optimistic about what IS being done than to search for reasons to criticize based on fake news.

Hear, hear, exactly! 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest, posters keep showing you the facts, yet you keep saying the same thing. I don't understand that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Before dissing @goldensrbest, there was a great show on The Weather Channel entitled, It Could Happen Tomorrow". The show scientifically examined all kinds of catastrophes that could happen-and that we have blown off as not out top concerns....

For example, a major earthquake occurring in the northeast-like New York?

How many people here know there are tsunami warning sirens on the east coast?

Live in Tennessee? Oooh....you should really make sure you have insurance for earthquakes.....

Flood insurance in never a bad thing to have-ever.....

The list goes on and on.....

The episode of a major hurricane hitting South Texas -especially Houston-was especially memorable.....

There are so many things we could have done better-and planned better-but we didn't learn.

Don't put down @goldensrbest for an apt observation.

Poodlepet2

Valued Contributor

Re: Do you realize

[ Edited ]

I saw two stories today about rescuers resuscitating victims.  One involved I believe a government rescuer and the other involved three men of the "Cajun Navy."  The Cajun Navy saw an elderly woman floating in the water as if she were dead.  They resuscitated her and wrapped her in a blanket to warm her up.  I saw a news photo of these Cajuns driving to Texas.  Each of them had a pick-up truck with a small boat attached to the back.  What great people they are to go and rescue people!