Honored Contributor

@game-on wrote:

One thing I heard from the mouths of the mayor in Houston and the governor were conflicting suggestions to the people in the path of the storm..... the mayor said "stay" and the governor said "evacuate"....

I would find that very confusing.... 

Myself.... I would have evacuated.... however, I understand why people stayed.... 

I remember hearing the stories from Katrina.... 

I am sure there will be many stories from this storm.

@game-on  Gov. didn't issue a mandatory order to evacuate.  He said that people should strongly consider evacuating last Friday.  

The problem started when the people of Houston were told by their heads that the hurricane would not impact Houston in response to what the Gov. stated.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I thought after Katrina, things would have been better organized. That we would have learned from that situation.  It seems so disorganized right now.  

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@luv-the-Q wrote:

The entire National Guard in Texas has been activated.  Where are you getting your information?  There is no way anyone or anything could have prepared for this.  

That was my question too. Where are getting the information that there is no government help in TX?

I find it much more productive to be optimistic about what IS being done than to search for reasons to criticize based on fake news.

@Ms tyrion2  I don't know who you are referring to as far as fake news, but I have heard on both CNN and NBC  that 12,000 National Guard members (the entire Texas National Guard) are on site now helping in the rescue effort.  Both stations have said nothing but good things about the rescue efforts.  I've watched CNN almost all day.  Yes, they have spoken with people on the phone who have called 911 several times and still no one has come to rescue them.  That is not fake news but is to be expected during national emergencies such as this.  They have spoken personally to the Governor and various Representatives from Texas as well as people who have been rescued and are waiting to be rescued.  They have helped connect people with their families and in some cases have helped with the rescue efforts.  I think they've done an excellent job in reporting accurately what is going on.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@goldensrbest, posters keep showing you the facts, yet you keep saying the same thing. I don't understand that.

@suzyQ3:  I don't think you gave her the answer she wants to hear.  So, she keeps asking until she gets the right answer.

@Hoovermom@suzyQ3@goldensrbest

Exactly-it's a way of getting in a dig without actually posting a political remark.

@Cakers3, I'm just not getting that feeling from this poster. The comments from all of us seem to transcend political POVs.

But when a disaster hits, there will always be accusations of government missteps. Sometimes it's warranted. I guess we really won't know this time until all is said and done and we have the big picture.

But still, it is a fact that there is much needed governmental involvement right now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you realize

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@goldensrbest, posters keep showing you the facts, yet you keep saying the same thing. I don't understand that.

@suzyQ3:  I don't think you gave her the answer she wants to hear.  So, she keeps asking until she gets the right answer.

Exactly-it's a way of getting in a dig without actually posting a political remark.

@Cakers3, I'm just not getting that feeling from this poster. The comments from all of us seem to transcend political POVs.

But when a disaster hits, there will always be accusations of government missteps. Sometimes it's warranted. I guess we really won't know this time until all is said and done and we have the big picture.

But still, it is a fact that there is much needed governmental involvement right now.

@suzyQ3  It appeared as such because multiple posters answered her without acknowledgement.  I'll take the heat for this one but I'm not the only one who thought the post was not on the up and up. 

If anybody is watching the news it would be obvious that the gov't is doing quite a bit and will continue to do more.

@goldensrbest  I apologize for my comment but it would have taken some heat off you if you had thanked the posters who responded-it appeared you were ignoring them. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@luv-the-Q wrote:

The entire National Guard in Texas has been activated.  Where are you getting your information?  There is no way anyone or anything could have prepared for this.  

That was my question too. Where are getting the information that there is no government help in TX?

I find it much more productive to be optimistic about what IS being done than to search for reasons to criticize based on fake news.

@Ms tyrion2  I don't know who you are referring to as far as fake news, but I have heard on both CNN and NBC  that 12,000 National Guard members (the entire Texas National Guard) are on site now helping in the rescue effort.  Both stations have said nothing but good things about the rescue efforts.  I've watched CNN almost all day.  Yes, they have spoken with people on the phone who have called 911 several times and still no one has come to rescue them.  That is not fake news but is to be expected during national emergencies such as this.  They have spoken personally to the Governor and various Representatives from Texas as well as people who have been rescued and are waiting to be rescued.  They have helped connect people with their families and in some cases have helped with the rescue efforts.  I think they've done an excellent job in reporting accurately what is going on.

@NickNack, read Ms tyrion2's post again. I think you will see that you misunderstood her.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@luv-the-Q wrote:

@NickNack, read Ms tyrion2's post again. I think you will see that you misunderstood her.

Thanks @suzyQ3.

She did indeed misunderstand me

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@luv-the-Q wrote:

@suzyQ3  I took Mstyrion2's post to mean that fake news was reporting that not enough was being done and that the poster who was complaining was basing her complaints on fake news.  From what I've been watching there is no fake news re: this.  If I misunderstood her I apologize.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3  It appeared as such because multiple posters answered her without acknowledgement.  I'll take the heat for this one but I'm not the only one who thought the post was not on the up and up. 

If anybody is watching the news it would be obvious that the gov't is doing quite a bit and will continue to do more.

@goldensrbest  I apologize for my comment but it would have taken some heat off you if you had thanked the posters who responded-it appeared you were ignoring them. 

@Cakers3, check out her Post #32.

I noted that she had seemed to ignore replies and posted to that effect, but I just thought it was more stubborness or typical anti-government stuff in general than anything partisan.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you realize

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@luv-the-Q wrote:

@suzyQ3  I took Mstyrion2's post to mean that fake news was reporting that not enough was being done and that the poster who was complaining was basing her complaints on fake news.  From what I've been watching there is no fake news re: this.  If I misunderstood her I apologize.

@NickNack,

My opinion about fake news was based on the fact OP continued to say there was no

Government help despite many posts stating evidence they are. She was asked by me and others where she was getting her information that there was no government involvement. 

My comment about fake news was in that context.

Do you see now?