Respected Contributor

Re: Do you personally know someone who tested positive for covid 19?

[ Edited ]

@esther22 wrote:

No.  My hospital system in Okla City spent 24 million dollars to prepare a specific satellite hospital strictly for covid patients.  NOT ONE has been treated to date.

————————

That’s wonderful and I hope it stays that way for OKC. We lived there many years ago and I worked at St Anthony Hospital 🙂

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I find it very telling most all the "nos"

and their attitude toward the virus.

I was noticing the same thing!  I try not to let the cavalier attitudes get me angry.  Some have to experience something to know it’s real, I guess.  I’m happy that most that test positive recover or don’t even realize they have/had the virus.  But how does that lessen the experience of those that suffered for months, almost died or did die?  Survival of the fittest, and no looking back? I just don’t get it.  

I keep thinking about my former coworker that died after contracting it from his brother.  The brother wasn’t even hospitalized, my coworker was.  That, to me, means we can’t take it for granted that we will recover.  I’m concerned about anybody testing positive.  At least for the first 14 days.

Rant over, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

No. I don't even have friends who know someone who tested positive. I heard an odd thing a few days concerning deaths reported from Covid-19.  Someone from the CDC admitted that people brought into the hospital from car accidents, gunshots, you name it....if they died from their injuries, but, tested positive for the virus, their cause of death was listed as Covid-19 related. Even those in Hospice with a short time to live. If they tested positive, their eventual death would be listed as Covid-19. How ridiculous is that? Of course, these days, you can't believe half of what you hear.   

@Sapphiregal, actual source, please.

As for those in Hospice, it doesn't matter how long they had to live. If they had the virus, it was at the least a contributing factor.

Apparently, you DO tend to believe what you hear, as long as it jibes with your attitude to this pandemic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

I find it very telling most all the "nos"

and their attitude toward the virus.

I was noticing the same thing!  I try not to let the cavalier attitudes get me angry.  Some have to experience something to know it’s real, I guess.  I’m happy that most that test positive recover or don’t even realize they have/had the virus.  But how does that lessen the experience of those that suffered for months, almost died or did die?  Survival of the fittest, and no looking back? I just don’t get it.  

I keep thinking about my former coworker that died after contracting it from his brother.  The brother wasn’t even hospitalized, my coworker was.  That, to me, means we can’t take it for granted that we will recover.  I’m concerned about anybody testing positive.  At least for the first 14 days.

Rant over, lol.

@Mmsfoxxie, as did I.

The one word "Nope" post got to me, maybe because I use that word only in a certain way.

Having said that, I'm certain that many who have not encountered any with with Covid were just answering with the truth.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@tucsongal  Agreed that is wonderful news. I've never been a pessimist, or for that matter even a very good realist. I'd much prefer to stay in my happy land of sunshine and popsicles. 

I feel certain though that OKC's 24 million dollar satellite facility will not go under utilized. With this virus it is simply a matter of time. 

When, not if. 

The horse got out of the barn a long long time ago.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

No.

And until today, I didn't know anyone who knew or worked with anyone that had tested positive. But my best friend called and said one of her co-workers just tested positive. My friend was a bit freaked out because she works in a call center office setting, and she shares a desk (on a different shift) with this lady that did test positive. 

And the management at the workplace had no protocol of what, if anything, was going to be done since they had their first positive case in the building. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter survived it.  She was very healthy so her body had that advantage to fight it.  She has had no residual issues.  Her husband took excellent care of her at home using every precaution available.  He has not caught it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, two of my cousins, husband and wife. Wife passed away. Early fifties, school teacher. She caught it from a coworker, seated beside her with a terrible cough (tested positive) coughing continually throughout the meeting. This was during the time we were told not to wear masks. The meeting had no content presented that could not have been shown to the teachers via video. Husband, my other cousin has since recovered after weeks of illness. He's left a widower to care for their children.

Today, I found out that our closest friends' daughter's biological dad has COVID. We have met him on occasion. The daughter has been close to us since she was a baby. She has kept a close relationship with both her stepdad and her biological dad. She is about to try putting a plea for convalescent plasma on FB right now. Her dad bio dad is in his early sixties.

Esteemed Contributor

No. I nor my group of friends or family have heard of anyone testing positive. The OP asked and people answered. If people with attitudes (which QVC doesn't prohibit in their rules)  bother you social media might not be your jam.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Yes, a family of 9.  All survived including the 89 year old--after 2 weeks in the hospital.