Respected Contributor

Do you personally know someone who tested positive for covid 19?

Personally I don't know anyone that has tested positive.  I was just wondering how many people know someone who has.  It is so scary especially now in Florida....my husband thinks wearing a mask is total protection but I told him it was not and to just stay home as much as possible.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you personally know someone who tested positive for covid 19?

Nope.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Yes two. One died.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  

One was a 70 y/o resident in a nursing home in May.  Tested positive in the hospital.  

A 78 y/o had hip surgery, was transferred to a rehab center.  Returned to the hospital with Covid-19 symptoms.  Tested positive and died there at the end of April.

Another 82 y/o had what I'd say was Covid-19 symptoms last Christmas, fever, cough, fatigue, extreme breathing difficulty.  Was taken to the hospital. It was unknown then, tests weren't available, so they didn't call it Covid-19, but it's suspicious to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

My hubby's cousin who worked in the Office at the Hospital. She had a fever and a cough. After testing positive, they sent her home, told her to quanantine and use Musinex.....

Esteemed Contributor

Two, both in nursing homes.  A 65 year old who died and an 82 year old who tested positive but is doing fine.

Respected Contributor

Yes - my friend’s brother.  He has underlying health conditions, was in the hospital several days with the virus but he made it. 

Trusted Contributor

No. 

Frequent Contributor

yes my son is a NYC ED nurse. Good news after time off he tested negative and went back to work. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, a 22 year old who was sick for more than 6 weeks and went to the hospital twice, two in their late 30's and did not go to the hospital, a 60 year old who was in the hospital, and two who were in their 70's and sadly died.