Respected Contributor

Love good RED wine, but will also drink Rose in the summer.  We recently got back from Napa, where we visted 14 exceptional wineries, and joined a wine club (which we typically don't do but in this case we made an exception).  We prefer Pinot, Cabs, Malbec, Sangiovese, Barbera and a good Meritage.  I don't have wine during the week because I still work, and prefer to save it as a treat many Fri and/or Sat nights with dinner.

Honored Contributor

no

Esteemed Contributor

I like Chardonnay, White Zinfandel and Moscato. 

Southern Indiana has a winery which has an outstanding rhubarb wine, which is one of my favorites.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

It's like that scene in The Godfather.

Don Corleone: I like to drink wine more than I used to...  Anyway, I'm drinking more.

Michael: It's good for you, Pop.

Don Corleone: Ah, I don't know...

The older I get, the more I appreciate wine.  I prefer dry reds and am fond of many of the maligned Italian products like Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw 

Mmmmm... Rhubarb wine, I'd like to try that.

My cranberry wine was leaning toward being tart, but not at all sour. I'd imagine rhubarb would be similar.

I never liked the sweety-sweet stuff that's like drinking flavored sugar water.

Respected Contributor

I like to cook with wine.   I can't give an honest answer because my experience with wines is undeveloped.  I may drink an occasional glass of white wine if the host is serving.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like wine?

[ Edited ]

Moscato is my preference and would rather have a glass of water over any Red wine.  But will bypass all wines if whiskey available, no soda or ice necessary.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like wine?

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012, I generally choose hard alcohol over wine also.  If wine is all there is, I will drink it.  Sometimes I get bad heartburn from it.

My DH only drinks that grossly sweet wine. The kind that tasts like you squeezed big fat purple grapes into a glass.  I cannot even stand the smell of that stuff.  Makes me want to gag.  LOL 
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Moscato is my preference and would rather have a glass of water over any Red wine.  But will bypass all wines if whiskey available, no soda or ice necessary.

@beckyb1012, although I am no longer imbibing, my husband has a little Scotch every few days before dinner (sounds like the 1950s, eh?).

I could never stand the taste of it, but for some reason, now I love the smell of it so much that I make him let me get a good sniff (more like "huff") of it. Egads is it amazing!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I like a glass on occasion....I'm a cheap date..one glass and I am done for...and I drink white - red gives me a headache.