Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I realized in my 20’s, drinking was of no interest to me; don’t like wine, can’t stand beer or hard liquor.   Just not my thing.     

Drinking alcohol has never been my thing either, but I love cooking with many different varieties.

Honored Contributor
Not really. Not much for any alcohol in general. If I have any wine, it’s always red. Prosecco is okay also. And I don’t think I’ve ever finished a full glass of anything. Meh. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like wine?

[ Edited ]

yes, i prefer white wines.......chardonnay, moscato, riesling, rose

gewürztraminer, port

my daughter is big on wine and belongs to a food and wine society AND runs a wine and food blog. we get LOTS of freebies!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No, not at all. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygalI enjoy a nice glass of the vino from time to time.  Kendall Jackson Chardonnay !!!!

Respected Contributor

the only time I have wine is when it go out. Have it with ice and a glass of ice on the side. That’s it for me. PS sometimes I ask for another glass of ice. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like wine?

[ Edited ]

I like mostly white, Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio.  There are a few wineries near me (southeastern PA) and one in particular is very good.

I was fortunate to be able to go on a few wine tours in Italy & France. It was beautiful and so much fun!

When my nephew got married two summers ago it was at a winery in Sonoma and of course over the 5 days we were there with extended family we did some wine tours....  I love going on wine tours!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do like white wine, red wine gives me a headache. We have many nice wineries in the state and I love the Door County wines. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like wine just to drink but use it in my cooking. I would never drink wine to drink it---not understanding the whole wine thing anyway. would rather have an ice cold beer.

Esteemed Contributor

I too, love Cabernet and Pinot Noir wines.  In my research on wines, they are the best for your heart, so my husband and I enjoy one almost every night.  We buy the box, it lasts a lot longer and just as good.  I went to a wine tasting event and was told box wines are just as good.  Much cheaper too.