Esteemed Contributor

Do you like to paint, hiring a painter?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here likes to paint? (and can I borrow you? lol. Joke). Seriously, do you know how much people charge TO paint. I mean professionals. And it only needs one coat. I am thinking of hiring someone to finish our living room, and also do our kitchen/dining room in the same colors that they are already painted, so that would be one coat on all the rooms to freshen them up. Because........

I had a back shot and not to wahhh whine again, but I never should have tried it. I thought if I could manage one wall a day I could do it. DH taped everything, and I used an extender and sat on the floor on pillows to paint the bottom. I got one whole wall finished yesterday (woop de doo..lol) and was FINE. But this morning I am in pain so forget it, I cannot even attempt to do this. DH is not a painter and he is messy at painting if you get my drift, (hes a woodworker installing floors, fixtures etc) but he was going to do the tops and ceiling because I cant go on ladders. ( And plus hes working 7 days a week, well its just too much).

Sorry to ramble, but I get so upset because I miss doing things and love to paint. I was wondering whats the going rate? Is it better to call a big company or look for a handyman? (Im thinking a big company so they are bonded w insurance "in case").

PS) Oh to be 20 or 30 again huh?..lol. My DH kind of yelled why did you attempt this? I said because Im crazy thats why.

TIA.

Shorty

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles