Super Contributor

Re: Do you have teachers in your family?

Yes, myself and some of my cousins.

Esteemed Contributor

I am related to one teacher and its my sister in law. She has her Masters and teaches 5th grade.

I was related to another. My Moms cousin was also a teacher many years ago. He passed away long ago. He was a gym teacher and coach.

I often wished I had been a teacher. I love children and I would have liked to teach grade school aged children. (I'm not going back to college now in my late 50s). I used to excel at Math, English, and Spelling. But as I've gotten older I am still good at Math. Otherwise, I use spell check at times, and I don't use proper English and punctuation anymore (online). Probably due too much computer time, rushing to type and abbreviating everything! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

My aunt, my husband, and my soon to be daughter in law are teachers.
Esteemed Contributor

Lots. I have taught, husband works for engineering firm but is an adjunct professor, daughter teaches, 2 nieces, 1 nephew, uncle. We have our share.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I did. Each one quit for various reasons, but all was because of teacher/administrator/parent problems. None of them regretted their decision.
hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Yes! Teachers and Psychotherapists!

Super Contributor

Cousin taught History- High School he recently retired.

Honored Contributor

My parent's were great teachers as well as other family members. Both parents also taught Sunday school, different ages. I worked as a teacher aide for K students, for 2 yrs. too. We're all teacher's in some way.

Super Contributor

quite a few teachers, a librarian, and a grade school FEMALE principal (have always gotten a reaction for her being female,,go figure)

Honored Contributor

My DH is a retired middle school teacher after 40 years, now he teaches senior citizens in a community college.