Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have teachers in your family?

Yes, I am a retired special education teacher.

Esteemed Contributor

My niece, she is on her first year and my nephew, her brother is in school to become a teacher as well.

Super Contributor

Several.

Super Contributor

Not a one. We have one graphic designer and the rest of us either went into medicine or finance.

Honored Contributor

Gosh, yes. Teachers and police officers, those seem to be the family professions. With the exception of hubby and me and our girls. We chose different professions but my daughter ended up marrying a teacher and my other daughter is dating one.
Respected Contributor

Yes we do! :-)
Respected Contributor

Yes, DH has two sisters and a brother-in-law. One sister had a double major in English and Computer Science, the other sister who was a business teacher who went on to get her MBA and her husband was a school principal. My cousin is a retired teacher. All four of them worked in Chicago public schools.

One sister is a hoarder who doesn't have the common sense to come in out of the rain. The other sister (deceased) who had her MBA couldn't manage her own finances and her husband, although a great teacher and principal was an alcoholic. My cousin who is retired has a touch of OCD and freaks out if his daily routine is broken.

DH and his brother were police officers and they would argue about how poorly they were paid. DH and his brother always pointed out that they had a 10 month job and made the same money. Then they would break it down into how much prep time they had and how long the school day was.... Happy freaking holidays ensued. Now, they are much older and they all have great pensions that may go away before they die.

Honored Contributor

I taught my dog to sit.

Respected Contributor

On 12/20/2014 brewhaha said:

I taught my dog to sit.

Good job brew.

Respected Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Gooday said:
On 12/20/2014 brewhaha said:

I taught my dog to sit.

Good job brew.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Such funny posters!!! Thank you for the laugh!!