Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have a regular 'me' day?

When it comes to "'maintenace", I try to have a one day a week day.  To me, a regular me day is time alone sleeping in and just vegging out for most of the day.  Haven't had one lately. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Since my husband retired I never get a whole day to myself. When he worked he travelled for his job every week and I worked 12 hour shifts so only 3 days a week. I would very regularly take one of my days when he was away and have a day of shopping, pampering myself.All by myself. I always prefer to shop alone, not with a friend. I miss those days. Now, I have to make sure he has his breakfast and lunch and dinner and it is all cleaned up, and he whines that I'm leaving him alone all day -- honestly, by then it's ruined.

Honored Contributor

Sure I give myself time for me but the best time is spent with the love of my life. My dh and I are still madly in love even after 42 years together. Him by my side is the best feeling. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Sure I give myself time for me but the best time is spent with the love of my life. My dh and I are still madly in love even after 42 years together. Him by my side is the best feeling. Heart

I love that @ID2,

that's the way it should be. You two are very lucky.

Trusted Contributor

frequently

Frequent Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I try to have a 'me' day at least once a month.  It's for doing all the personal things that I love.  We have a place in town that has a beauty shop, massage parlor, just everything that makes us look and feel better.  Now, the full treatment gets expensive so I can't do that every month. Maybe in winter I just enjoy a day to read or watch movies.  DH can spend the day doing the things that make him happy.  I'm interested to hear how others like to treat themselves and feel special for at least a day every once in awhile.

Great idea! No but I think I will try this! Smiley Happy

*rememberance of my little sister. i miss you*
Super Contributor

Since I was put to bed a few years ago, my daughter has made every day a "me" day.  She brings me coffee in bed, gives me shots, checks my blood pressure and blood sugar, practices reflexology on me,checks oxygen tanks, changes and suctions my trach tube, and then asks, "Can i do anything else for you?"  I always tell her that I need a big hug from her and one of her special smiles.  She obliges, then is off to her own activities, which include quilting (she is very good), cross stitching, and Kung Fu.  Her Shifu gives her lessons in the courtyard.  She loves to grocery shop and peruse book shops and craft stores. She takes a taxi, as she can not drive.  This is the best life we will have now, but i can not imagine a more loving "me" day, "we" day or loving life.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care