Honored Contributor

Do you have a Valentine story to share?

[ Edited ]

Being a military family, my son was a young boy in another yet one of our moves. (A few moons ago).

His first day at this elementary happened to fall on Valentine's Day. Of course with all the hub bub of total move, the date was not something special to us at that point.

Well, I want to tell you what this wonderful teacher he was going to have did.  She got a small sack like the other children had to collect their Valentine's cards in for our son.  Then she asked the class to find a Valentine if they had any extras for this newcomer to have.  I was SO touched that she did that for him.Here he was a brand new kid, knew no one and the teacher was so kind to get him included. Those kids were pretty darn great too. I'll never forget this. He's 50 now, and I've never forgotten this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a Valentine story to share?

Great story,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-b27Xtv-FzgE/UtWQQjO3TII/AAAAAAAABeI/4Nmg-O0Q5wc/s1600/pink-text-happy-valentines-day_001.jpg

Trusted Contributor

My beloved mother past on V-Day, she was my best friend & I miss her very much, it's been 15 yrs today. Sorry to be such a downer, but that's why I don't have a V Day story, wish I did. Also, my hubby is about as romantic as a fart in church, so no romantic or fun story here, but I wish & look forward to reading all the other posts & giving hearts! HAPPY V DAY TO ALL, GO OUT & HAVE FUN!!!!Heart

Honored Contributor

@Leiloni, I'll wish you a Happy Valentine's Day (if you'll let me step in temporarily for your mom).  Even sending one wish for the old fart. (I busted out laughing at that!!)Heart

Honored Contributor

@Leiloni I find the older I get the more I miss my mom. You have happy memories and so do I. Have a blessed day.

Honored Contributor

@Leiloni,

Sending you,

http://www.desiglitters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Glitter-Sending-Hearts-Hugs-Image.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today is our thirty first anniversary! I met my husband December 8th and married him on February 14th! It was a fast love at first sight romance and it has been an amazing thirty one years. The only regret I have is that we will never get enough time! I was thirty and he was thirty two. The years have flown by and they have been filled with a lot of love, laughter and joy along with some sadness and tears but even those times have been better because we have had each other to get through them together. I woke up this morning to a beautiful bouquet of flowers, chocolates, cards and a gift card. The romance is still strong and the laughter continues.

The second part of the story and the best part. I was divorced and the Mom of a five year old daughter. He had never been married. He and my daughter took to each other and they have an amazing bond. He has been a Dad to her because he has chose to be. She loves him and says he is the best Dad in the world. We celebrate Valentines Day with her as our family anniversary because it is the day we became a family. She gets a special gift from us every year. So yes for us it really is a holiday of celebrating love!

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal   That was a very sweet story and that teacher was awesome! Happy Valentines Day!  

Trusted Contributor

Kitlynn, Your story is truly a story of love, thx for sharing it w/ all of us, so beautiful!!! L<3

Esteemed Contributor

Death isn't a happy valentine story. It is 2 years today that my husband passed away.