Valued Contributor

Do you get USPS mail everyday?

So many issues with Regular(USPS) mail deliveries here..

On a regular basis..I don't get mail 2 or 3 days a week..The day after I don't get a delivery my mailbox is stuffed..Some of the mail that comes a day or 2 late is time sensitive.

I have called the postmaster in our town ..I'm usually told" we didn't have a delivery driver for your route today".

When pkgs. get passed from UPS to USPS on a Friday...I don't get them until at least Tuesday!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you get USPS mail everyday?

@Jo1313  Yes, we get mail every day except Sunday here in NY. That's one thing we don't have a problem with. It's a small town.

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jo1313  Yes, we get mail every day except Sunday here in NY. That's one thing we don't have a problem with. It's a small town.

I am in a small town in upstate NY.

Honored Contributor

Yes, 6 days a week. My service is great.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I get mail everyday...our PO is understaffed but they still do a great job.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Monday-Saturday but it comes really late.  Sometimes 7:30 PM or so.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

We no longer get mail every day either.  We also don't have the same mail carrier every day.  We used to always have the same person, now it's always different people.  I'm just glad I don't rely on the post office to get my bills or send any payments.  I would have no faith that my payments would get where they're going in a reasonable amount of time.

I've also had multiple times when something was supposedly out for delivery but when I check that night because I didn't get it, it says that delivery was attempted and package was sent back to post office or some other bogus excuse.  I'm always unhappy when I order something and then find out it was shipped via the USPS.

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313    Have you signed up for "Informed Delivery" where they advise you every morning what's coming that day?  Its not always accurate but it helps.

The US house of Representatives has done inqueries into post office operations.  You might contact your representative if you suspect your mail is not being delivered on a timely basis.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I do not get mail every single day since I do not have that much that needs to come in.  Nothing to do with my mail service.   

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I am in a small town in upstate NY.

@Jo1313  I'm downstate on the Jersey border. We have driving routes and walking routes. I live on a driving route.