Respected Contributor

Re: Do you expect to have many trick or treaters?

@Reever wrote:

I onky had 20 trick or treaters. I dont give candy I dispense Pretzels because I do not want candy lying around the house and I believe we have an obesity problem in this country. Children today are addicted to their gadgets you do not see them running around playing kick the can anymore or riding bicycles. 

You must not know many children to make a broad statement like that.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

We only had 25 kids last night. We are on a cul-de-sac so off the beaten path...we didn’t have anyone after 8:15. It was 35 degrees so I am sure the cold kept some from taking a long route for candy.
Honored Contributor

It as just like last year for us....three little kids came to the door.....  and none after that.  I only bought one small bag of snickers as last year I through away a lot because I over bought. Still ended up throwing  the small bag away.  Seems wasteful  to toss  out, but to me candy is garbage.

Esteemed Contributor

We had 125 trick or treaters night one. and only 24 trick or treaters night two (due to bad weather). So we had 149 total trick or treaters for 2 nights. We live in the country in a big development. We used to have 200 trick or treaters. But it was less last year and this year. DH and I enjoy greeting them all and giving them the candy. (Halloween is also my birthday).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles