Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do parents of teens not require curfews and/or rules anymore?

@Janet89 wrote:

@qbetzforreal, I think when he met her, he thought she was also in college. . . .  He says he's sworn off girls in HS now!

@Janet89- good for him

Honored Contributor

18+? no curfew and i never let it get out of hand......special events were exceptions, vacations were exceptions. no one was never out "all night long."

under 18 my kids curfew was 11pm during the week, midnight-ish on weekends. if they needed to be punished, those evenings out were curtailed.

they all had phones and had to answer them when i calledn plus i wanted to know where they were going.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janet89 

All my/our kids have 4 legs and fur. I do have opinions on the topic of your thread, but! This time will keep them to myself.

=^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Okay, I'm going to unveil the elephant in the room.

Is anyone concerned that these teenagers are still congregating at frat parties without concern about COVID-19?  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Okay, I'm going to unveil the elephant in the room.

Is anyone concerned that these teenagers are still congregating at frat parties without concern about COVID-19?  

Point of the day.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

I never had a curfew (Late 90’s/Early 00’s). As long as they knew who I was with and where I was they were fine with whatever time I got in. 4:30AM was normal and ok.
Honored Contributor

Ooof.

He was 18 dating a 16yr old?

Contributor

@RoughDraft  @Porcelain  ,  The last party my son attended was the first weekend of February.  I will say, the people that threw the party were in the masses on Florida beaches last week, so there's that . . .  And, no, my son did not go

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

RIght or wrong, and I sincerely doubt this is a wake-up call for anybody, but by the time teens reach 18 or 19, and many of them far younger, experimentation, at the very least, with alcohol, drugs and intimacy is not the exception... And once again, this isn't new to the current younger generation by a long shot...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

RIght or wrong, and I sincerely doubt this is a wake-up call for anybody, but by the times teens reach 18 or 19, and many of them far younger, experimentation, at the very least, with alcohol, drugs and intimacy is not the exception... And once again, this isn't new to the current younger generation by a long shot...

Then why did you say this about the girl? Either experimentation is normal to you or it isn't.

"OP, as for the girl, she sounds like she's developing into quite a piece of work and that there'll be more trouble ahead for both her and her parents. She either has her parents snowed or they're only seeing what they want to see. I'd be well beyond glad that realtionship didn't last."

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr