Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Use a Rating System for your Books?

Yes mine is

Excellent

Very Good

Pretty Good

Not worth reading!!!

Valued Contributor

On 8/22/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

Yes mine is

Excellent

Very Good

Pretty Good

Not worth reading!!!

In my old book club some of us would always say that we ""Wanted to throw the book across the room."" And the not worth reading line is what we meant by that!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/22/2014 glmama said:
On 8/22/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

Yes mine is

Excellent

Very Good

Pretty Good

Not worth reading!!!

In my old book club some of us would always say that we ""Wanted to throw the book across the room."" And the not worth reading line is what we meant by that!

And I call it ""Pulling the bookmark."" Same premise

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I too use Goodreads to keep track of what I've read and rate them. I've read so many books I lose track of what I've read. I also use their ""want to read"" feature to make a list of future books. I'll see a book I want to read but by the time I'm finished reading my current book I forgrt what it was. I find it very helpful.
Contributor

Yes I write down the title of the books I read within a year's time and put an asterisk by the ones I love and a yuck (that is really pitiful to use that word at my age) by ones that I feel were a waste of my time but I kept hoping it would improve....silly!!

aka RINGER

Honored Contributor

That's a little to ACDC for me. If I like it I finish it if not I don't.

Respected Contributor

I just came across this quote from author Robin Hobb on goodreads she writes fantasy and I thought it was worth posting here ( I hate it when Anne Rice gets involved in reviews of her books)

** I am shocked to find that some people think a 2 star 'I liked it' rating is a bad rating. What? I liked it. I LIKED it! That means I read the whole thing, to the last page, in spite of my life raining comets on me. It's a good book that survives the reading process with me. If a book is so-so, it ends up under the bed somewhere, or maybe under a stinky judo bag in the back of the van. So a 2 star from me means,yes, I liked the book, and I'd loan it to a friend and it went everywhere in my jacket pocket or purse until I finished it. A 3 star means that I've ignored friends to finish it and my sink is full of dirty dishes. A 4 star means I'm probably in trouble with my editor for missing a deadline because I was reading this book. But I want you to know . . . I don't finish books I don't like. There's too many good ones out there waiting to be found.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/25307.Robin_Hobb

Honored Contributor

No, but I usually add comments or a short review.

Respected Contributor

No but I think I'm going to start a journal or notebook to keep track of what I read
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I give mine a letter grade, as if I were a teacher. I only keep A's and B's in my library. If a book received a C, D, or F, it gets donated. I keep a master list of what I've read on my computer to reference, because I can forget after a while.