Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Remember Calling Time & Temperature?

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

Our Frost Bank Time & Temperature lady is still going strong..... Woman Very Happy

In fact had an occasion to use it recently when we had a power outage --- and of course no power at all, power ran out for cell phone and laptop too ....I still had a landline and an old phone and I could call out on and called the phone number to check the time and also called the electric company to check on the status of the outage....

BOOGLARIZED | Kittens cutest, Hello kitten, Cats and kittens

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I remember there was a dial a joke line too. Some old guy (you could tell from his voice) put a new message on his phone every week with his new joke and you could call to listen to it. It was FUN something or other.

I don't remember the details very clearly so I might not have them all right. I do remember calling it quite often.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I also called a 900 chat party line as a youngster and was shocked by the subject material. I thought it would be like an actual party. I got in trouble when the bill came due, even though I didn't stay on for long.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Just checked. OurTime and Temperature number is still working, but has a
l-o-t of advertisements first . . . far more than the bank that formerly provided the service. Haven't thought of that in 25 years! FUN THREAD. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt. Really?  Cool.  What is the number please? 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

In Boston area it was N-E-S-T-L-E-S.

i worked in a Corporate Library. We had 6 or 7 analog clocks mounted on one wall to correspond to all the company's worldwide offices.  used to call the Time and put phone on speaker to set the clocks. they had batteries so had to be done manually. idk why we didnt get electronic timekeepers, it was an electronics firm.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:

@Spurt. Really?  Cool.  What is the number please? 

@MamaWick 

210-226-3232  Of course there's a quick plug (ad) for the bank and then she gives the time/temp....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

We called that number via telephone .... now, both are already ON the phone.

Trusted Contributor

Yes.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

oh yes