Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,588
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications

[ Edited ]

@SuzieGarnet wrote:

Yes and no to getting notifications..  What is a bummer is when you're posting on an ongoing thread and everyone's hearted but one person- me.. LOL so I delete my post or ask the mod to delete it if that option isn't available... Too  dang funny & I agree with what was said earlier, some hearts are given due to popularity.. 


 

 

(((@Suziepeach)))  I'm sorry you feel that way.  I "hearted" your post for that reason.  I agree with @dex, because I think the giving is as enriching as the receiving...  and as with most things, although we don't do it for that reason what we send out to others is usually going to come back to us in abundance.  I honestly think posters are often in a hurry and don't heart most of the posts they read or they miss a few in the process of composing and submitting their own comment.  I know I've had many occasions when I thought I added hearts to all the posts, but when I came back to a thread I discovered I'd missed a few.

 

Take heartHeart, and know for what it's worth, that I hear you, see you, and I appreciate you.

 

 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,812
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications

 


@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Suziepeach You really delete your posts if you don't get hearts?  I usually don't even look to see if I get them. You are probably right about the popularity. I will have to remember to heart your posts.


@proudlyfromNJ, yes I delete my posts, why not?  I don't consider them apart of the ongoing conversation & didn't add anything to said conversation.  Heart or no heart is the question & I my opinion didn't figure in the chat, then bam it's gone.. No big deal in my book so please, please don't do as I do.. I'm weird that way and am the first one to admit it.  People give hearts to people out of their own heart so to heart or not heart is the question, LOL ... 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,588
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications


@jubilant wrote:

Yes, I like getting hearts.  It gives one kind of a warm fuzzy feeling.  I am sometimes torn when I give them......   maybe I should say.... when I don't give them.  Every once in a while you see a thread where you really want to give everyone one...but you don't...and then I feel I may be leaving someone out.  That part of it I struggle with sometimes. 


 

@jubilant, I also have the problem that if I don't agree with everything in a post I hesitate to use the "heart" feature.  But, in general, I like to be lavish and generous in hearting, hearting, hearting!Smiley

 

 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,812
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications

@dooBdoo, thank you but I have a feeling I should've kept my opinion, again, to myself...  To anyone I've offended or made aggravated, again, at me I am sorry...  

 

I am not going to say anything else on this matter.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,588
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications


@SuzieGarnet wrote:

@dooBdoo, thank you but I have a feeling I should've kept my opinion, again, to myself...  To anyone I've offended or made aggravated, again, at me I am sorry...  

 

I am not going to say anything else on this matter.. 


 

You're welcome, @Suziepeach.  Truly, in my opinion you said nothing wrong, and all opinions are valuable, worth sharing, and can help us all to have new perspectives.   Take care, and have a wonderful Tuesday!Heart

 

 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,859
Registered: ‎06-10-2010

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications

SuzieGarnet, you did not offend me in the least.  You spoke from your heart and I admire your honesty. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,616
Registered: ‎10-01-2014

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications

@Suziepeach, you didn't offend me, either! Ever! Love your posts! I heart by what posters say, not who they are. I have hearted posts from people that I am 180 degrees from on some topics, if they make a point I agree with.

 

I will admit to deleting a post last week, it was pretty funny actually. Because I read news on the lottery from TWO YEARS AGO (not news!), I posted that two specific states had winners. Oh oh! Thank goodness I discovered my error quickly and got it deleted before I was deservedly bashed! Woman Surprised

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,616
Registered: ‎10-01-2014

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications

Another point on heating. I visit the Pictures of Cats and Dogs threads and want to heart many, many of them. I've noticed that sometimes I have to hit the heart icon a couple of times for it to take. You might intend to heart a post but it just doesn't register.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,055
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications


@dooBdoo wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

Yes, I like getting hearts.  It gives one kind of a warm fuzzy feeling.  I am sometimes torn when I give them......   maybe I should say.... when I don't give them.  Every once in a while you see a thread where you really want to give everyone one...but you don't...and then I feel I may be leaving someone out.  That part of it I struggle with sometimes. 


 

@jubilant, I also have the problem that if I don't agree with everything in a post I hesitate to use the "heart" feature.  But, in general, I like to be lavish and generous in hearting, hearting, hearting!Smiley

 

 


 

@dooBdoo and @jubilant, I have that problem as well but I really like to spread the hearting, so I tend to heart early and extremely often. Smiley Wink

 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,055
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications


@dooBdoo wrote:

@SuzieGarnet wrote:

@dooBdoo, thank you but I have a feeling I should've kept my opinion, again, to myself...  To anyone I've offended or made aggravated, again, at me I am sorry...  

 

I am not going to say anything else on this matter.. 


 

You're welcome, @Suziepeach.  Truly, in my opinion you said nothing wrong, and all opinions are valuable, worth sharing, and can help us all to have new perspectives.   Take care, and have a wonderful Tuesday!Heart

 

 


 

Heart @Suziepeach, Heart I agree with what dooBdoo and others have said. Your post was honest and straightforward. It seemed to me that you were willing to share you feelings on an issue that can be difficult to talk about. Good for you!!! Smiley Happy Heart I'm sure that there are other folks who feel the same way and I'm sure they appreciated hearing their perspective being shared. Heart

 

-- bebe Heart