Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications

@newziesuzie wrote:

@sailor_moon wrote:

I like them, too, but the floaty thing that suddenly appears after someone hearted your post, can be bit startling.

Lol! That 'floaty thing' is odd but sort of cute @sailor_moon!

😊

@newziesuzie, cute is not the word I'd use.

Maybe it's my iPad, but whenever I try to close the heart notification, that blasted thing moves out of the way.😠

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Esteemed Contributor

I just read this thread and now I can't get this song from the musical Durned* Yankees out of my head!!...

"You gotta have heart

All you really need is heart...

Miles 'n miles 'n miles of heart..."

*Had to use a euphemism!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

When you get a notification in the bottom rt hand corner of your screen telling you someone gave you a heart, it gets a little testy if you don't click on it right away.  If I'm busy reading and don't stop and give it my undivided attention, it comes back (no, it's not another one but the same one from the same person) waiting for me to click on it.  The hearts are sweet; the notifications to tell you someone gave you one a pita! 

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

When you get a notification in the bottom rt hand corner of your screen telling you someone gave you a heart, it gets a little testy if you don't click on it right away.  If I'm busy reading and don't stop and give it my undivided attention, it comes back (no, it's not another one but the same one from the same person) waiting for me to click on it.  The hearts are sweet; the notifications to tell you someone gave you one a pita! 

i get that double notification also towards the bottom right of my screen but i never click on them. it definitely only happens twice. when i want to view my notifications i click on the button towards the top right of my screen, where the total number is.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

i get that double notification also towards the bottom right of my screen but i never click on them. it definitely only happens twice. when i want to view my notifications i click on the button towards the top right of my screen, where the total number is.

I find the whole thing rather redundant.  

Contributor

Such a lovely thread!  I go on another forum (a lifestyle and sports one) for women and occasionally we'll call each other "sis".  It's just slang.  There was a thread once titled "Name your one life-changing moment" and a poster said hers was when she lost her mother when she was three and knew she wasn't  going to see her anymore.   I replied that I could cry for her and she PM'd me and said "It's okay sis, I've adjusted ".  It made me all jelly inside.  Like the saying,  "we're all connected".

Honored Contributor

I like knowing that someone I've spoken to got the message.  Other times it's nice too!

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I like knowing that someone I've spoken to got the message.  Other times it's nice too!

EXACTLY!   I like the notifications and the hearts.  It does give a warm fuzzy feeling -- unless it's a bad response, but that never happens.

Honored Contributor

I like them, but they could do away with the "rankings" related to them. It's a nice and quick way to let someone know you read and liked their post. 

Honored Contributor

I am totally unfamiliar with "getting notifications". I'm taking, from reading the responses here, that you get them when you post? Enjoy.

"Pure Michigan"