Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Know the Answer to This Kindergarten Homework Assignment?

[ Edited ]

It might have been a mistake and no one caught it or it was caught too late.

Respected Contributor

Oh, brother. I just found the answer.

tsk

tsk

Esteemed Contributor

I looked at the spoiler from @wildcat fan, and I wouldn't have never guessed this in a million years.

Poor kids and poor parents if this is what people are dealing with, I am hoping it was a mistake of some sort.

I guess I should thank my lucky stars my kids are done with school.

Respected Contributor

@Lemma wrote:

gallery-1492711161-assigment.jpg

tan?  (tangent), lol

Super Contributor

I never heard of the expression "tap out the word " either; sounds strange to me.
Super Contributor

I think I just failed Kindergarten.

Respected Contributor

I, too, found the answer online. Unbelievable, literally. And there are more idiotic pages from the same garbage "test."

Chances are good someone got paid for this nonsense that undermines pattern-building, a necessary skill for intellectual development.  (Not only do the three correct answers begin with the letter "T," as shown in the practice, but they're also all three letters long. They could have done "toy" or "two" or "tag" (like sales tag) and it would have made sense. This stuff is anti-teaching.

Honored Contributor

mollysmama wrote:

I think I just failed Kindergarten.

LMAO...you win the internet for today.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for the laugh.

Honored Contributor

If they want children to learn they need to at least give them a chance to be able to figure out the answers.  This isn't homework, this is more like a 'brain teaser' and for an adult. 

I kept thinking twins, not because I used my brain but it was the only T thing I could come up with.  

My granddaughters (one in middle school and actually goes to a school for gifted children) and the other in high school but taking college classes have had homework that was found to be incorrect.  They are sisters and my daughter and her husband are very smart (master's degrees) they put on their thinking hats and (before they told the kids) asked the teacher (in a nice way) if it could possibly be a mistake (it was math) and the teacher apologized.  My daughter was laughing so hard because the teacher didn't count off for the incorrect answer but she also (in one case) did not tell the kids the CORRECT answer by admitting she was wrong.

I would have been one of the parents pulling out their hair trying to come up with the answer and in one case always wondering until I saw the teacher to get the answer.  Ha!

Respected Contributor

@SaRina

You get a sticker for the best answer~!

Image result for animated stickers  A+