Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have Glasses for the the Solar Eclipse on April 8?

@781Florist 

You were lucky to have worked in a place like that…huge glass window overlooking the ocean and watching the sun set!
WOW

Makes me want to travel!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3  I have no idea where you're located or what stations/channels you're hearing about terrorist attacks, but no major, national news channels are reporting anything like that.  It wouldn't surprise me, though, if some biased outlets have conspiracy theories.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Yes, we purchased our glasses months ago. Will be viewing it while staying in Niagara Falls.
Honored Contributor

I have major retina issues and dry eyes I have decided it would be best to watch the eclipse on tv and not risk any damage. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@willdob3  I have no idea where you're located or what stations/channels you're hearing about terrorist attacks, but no major, national news channels are reporting anything like that.  It wouldn't surprise me, though, if some biased channels have conspiracy theories.  

@ciao_bella  I did not look but I was told it was from the same US agency that warned US citizens about a possible attack in Russia recently. It was supposedly posted on their site briefly, taken down, then put back up again. The warning was very similar, avoid crowds, etc. 

I did not hear this from a news channel. 

Respected Contributor

we have a welding helmet it is ISO certified.  i'll use it because DH couldnt care less. this is as close as totality as we could get staying put unless we traveled to the path. schools are closed.

i'm heading to a farm field down the road for the actual event.

today's weather already into to the 60s,  the skies are "Severe Clear"  after a week of cloudy cold weather. 

Deer were running wildly in the front yard this morning looking very confused.  They wanted to jump on the highway but cars were flying down the road.  This is very odd behavior for them. they darted and galloped around and around.  we never see any but there are woods back of house.

happy viewing!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3  I would think, if it was credible and considered high risk, it would most likely be reported on several news channels and stations.  The fact that it was put up, then taken down, then put up again, is reason to question the reliability of the source/s.  

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@willdob3  I would think, if it was credible and considered high risk, it would most likely be reported on several news channels and stations.  The fact that it was put up, then taken down, then put up again, is reason to question the reliability of the source/s.  

@ciao_bella  Think whatever you want. I'm not arguing one way or the other, just sharing what I was told. It was a government agency, those are known to be unreliable. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3  Not arguing with you.  Sorry if you took it that way.  Just stating my opinion on the subject. 

Trusted Contributor

We have schools opened today, 90% totality.  Eclipse is being used as an educational tool and there are glasses for every student.  Hope they monitor well and the children listen - school is K-5th grades.