Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have An Anthem You Live By

@catwhisperer wrote:

@libbyannE....((( Hugs)))

Back atcha! Hug. And thank you.

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

I, too, always wanted to please everyone...probably can thank my parents for that....but when I was in my late fifties (oh why did it take that long) I started speaking my mind......everyone started asking my husband if there was something wrong with me!!  The only thing wrong with me was that I waited too long to speak up for myself.....thank goodness my children didn't follow in my path......I just turned 66 and find it easier and easier to be myself...

Ha!  Gimme a hallelujah sister, me too!

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Everyone gets their own bag of stuff to deal with in life. Knowing that somehow makes me less judgmental or angry with my fellow humans. As I opened and began dealing with my "bag," it made me look at people I passed with so much more love. Knowing at one point that my own "bag" of challenges was heavy and demanding yet hidden, I suddenly began smiling more at others and wanting to reach out, because one must assume that the person standing next to you in an elevator or driving alongside on the freeway has their own difficult load. Now, at this age, I have come to admire humans because I look around and think how much downright courage and faith we show at times simply by getting up and getting on with our day. 

We're "captains courages" one and all...🙆

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a song, but a saying:

You can always tell who and what people are by the way they treat people (and animals) they think are less than them.

My Dad taught me to observe people for this when I was 5 - so true.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

The Eagles "Take It to the Limit (One More Time)"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

"Say what you mean, mean what you say".

Here I Go Again ...Whitesnake

Here I go again on my own

Going down the only road I've ever known

And I've made up my mind

I ain't wasting my time

Here I go again on my own...

Honored Contributor

Anthem:

- My Life, Billy Joel

- I Can See Clearly Now, Johnny Nash

Both very important to me in my youth.

Words to live by:

- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Eleanor Roosevelt

- "There are no facts, only interpretations."

F. Nietzsche

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

"My Way"  sung by Frank Sinatra, and Elvis

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE 

@libbyannE wrote:

Everyone gets their own bag of stuff to deal with in life. Knowing that somehow makes me less judgmental or angry with my fellow humans. As I opened and began dealing with my "bag," it made me look at people I passed with so much more love. Knowing at one point that my own "bag" of challenges was heavy and demanding yet hidden, I suddenly began smiling more at others and wanting to reach out, because one must assume that the person standing next to you in an elevator or driving alongside on the freeway has their own difficult load. Now, at this age, I have come to admire humans because I look around and think how much downright courage and faith we show at times simply by getting up and getting on with our day. 

Well, this is so beautiful. Almost made me cry. Cause sometimes I look at people in the same way and think, people are precious~

Mine would be Colors of the Wind ~ Pocohontas

and I really love "Soul on Fire"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

This is the day the Lord has made

rejoice!  And be glad in it!

and

when someone

shows you who they are

believe them ,,

but it life is tough, that's why they call it life, lol. I do wave a new mantra every few days as things change!