Honored Contributor

Do You Have An Anthem You Live By

When I was younger I use to worry about what people thought of me. I had zero confidence and didn't like to speak up.I kind of blended into the woodwork. Now I'm older and you know what, I don't care what people think of me! I do me you do you. I know I might not be everyone's cup of tea, but that's alright. My anthem is Make Your Own Kind Of Music by Mama Cass Elliot.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have An Anthem You Live By

"Everyday People" 

Sly and The Family Stone  1968

Respected Contributor

Imagine -- John Lennon

(not really an "anthem," but...let's say an "outlook") 

Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

When I was younger I use to worry about what people thought of me. I had zero confidence and didn't like to speak up.I kind of blended into the woodwork. Now I'm older and you know what, I don't care what people think of me! I do me you do you. I know I might not be everyone's cup of tea, but that's alright. My anthem is Make Your Own Kind Of Music by Mama Cass Elliot.

That has always been my favorite, too!  And I passed it on to my daughter.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2....You go girl!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow -

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Great attitude @Jordan2!

Esteemed Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdR2BtQaUm8

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjsAy7HFeX0&list=RDvjsAy7HFeX0

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

I, too, always wanted to please everyone...probably can thank my parents for that....but when I was in my late fifties (oh why did it take that long) I started speaking my mind......everyone started asking my husband if there was something wrong with me!!  The only thing wrong with me was that I waited too long to speak up for myself.....thank goodness my children didn't follow in my path......I just turned 66 and find it easier and easier to be myself...

Honored Contributor

I have a few:

*It is what it is.

* Don't demand what you won't deliver (an outlook on Life that I'm taught my boys from Day 1).

* There but for the Grace of God, go I.

These 3 beliefs/outlooks/Anthems pretty much sum up how I live my Life. The people I choose to surround myself with share this mindset as well.