Honored Contributor

Do you get dressed everyday even if you have no plans to go out, or do you stay in your pajamas or robe? When my mother was alive, I made her get dressed everyday, I felt it's a new day, if you don't get dressed it's like your giving up on life. I will admit there are days I force myself to get out of bed, get dressed, when I don't feel like it, but I do.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Get Dressed Everyday

It's probably a good idea to get dressed. 

Although, around here, I see a few young-ish women (maybe in around their 30's-40's) wear their pj's in their front yards.  Cute pj's: plaids, prints, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

When I'm not working, I only get out of "house clothes" if I have to go somewhere. I'm single and live alone.

Respected Contributor

Normally I only stay in pj's if I am sick.  But today was cold and rainy.....and I was really tempted to have a pj day.  Made myself hop in the shower and get dressed, though!  

Valued Contributor

If I'm not going out, and not expecting anyone over, sometimes I change clothes, and sometimes not. That's part of the fun of retirement. It's my time now to do what I want Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I'd feel like a slug if I didn't.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I get up and dressed every day.   Despite the current circumstances, you still never know, if someone is going to show up at the door, even if it's only a package being delivered.  I've also been doing a lot of work around my house and garage during this pandemic; I need to be dressed.

I can't imagine going through the day in PJs, if I'm not sick.  To me, that's the start of a slippery slope.

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Do you get dressed everyday even if you have no plans to go out, or do you stay in your pajamas or robe? When my mother was alive, I made her get dressed everyday, I felt it's a new day, if you don't get dressed it's like your giving up on life. I will admit there are days I force myself to get out of bed, get dressed, when I don't feel like it, but I do.

absolutely and wear makeup also.

Honored Contributor

Do people actually do that? Not get dressed? I can actually say I have NEVER not gotten dressed in any day of my life. If I'm ever sick I wear sweats. Pajamas are for sleeping. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Yes.