Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Embarrass Easily?

I am very fair and so back when I was young, I would blush easily! And to make matters worse -- there were always people who would have to call attention to it --- Oh, look, look --- look how red her face is!!!!.  Which I think is very rude to call attention to this.  Some people can't help it. As I've gotten older, I seldom do this.  I do get red at times but for other reasons -- hot flashes --- and rosacea.  Temperatures affect me a lot.  My skin is very sensitive and reactive.  If I get upset or nervous, my skin will get red also.  But usually now its not due to embarassment!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, plus I get my feelings hurt easily.... I am sensitive I guess.

Yup!  Me too!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

It depends. I guess I feel no one is paying attention to me so why be embarassed for something stupid I did if I'm invisible lol

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

I can only think of one experience in my adult life where I was totally embarrassed beyond belief.  And I could never tell that tale here.

Otherwise, nothing comes to mind, although I embarrassed easily as a child.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I don't equate getting my feelings hurt with being embarrassed.  They are two different feelings.

I get my feelings hurt a lot, but I keep it to myself.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Normally, the answer for me is no, but sometimes something will happen that will make my face turn crimson.

Take for example what happened to me a year or so ago.

I was at work, interacting with the public, and I was gesticulating with my hands.

Out of the far corner of my eye, I saw that my supervisor was standing behind me, but I didn't realize how close he was.

Next thing that I know, the back of my hand hit something, and I hear him say, "Hey! Ho, be careful there!"

I turned around, and saw him covering himself.

I had accidentally hit my supervisor right on the zipper line of his trousers, with the back of my hand!

To say that I was mortified, would be an understatement.

My eyes got wide, I gasped in shock, and I covered my face with my hands.

Yes, I definitely apologized to him.

So, do you embarrass easily?

Haha! Yes, that is embarrassing but truly an accident. Did it actually hurt him or just his and your pride?

No, my supervisor wasn't physically hurt, but I was embarrassed that I had accidentally touched him there!

@Plaid Pants2 You like to tell salty jokes, I'm surprised you didn't make a joke about it.

Trusted Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

Because I am very fair, I blush easily.  It has been a horror for me all my life,

and nothing can be done about it.  I blush over a wide range of emotions:

surprised, startled, etc.....I absolutely hate it.

Honored Contributor

@susan in California wrote:

@Plaid Pants2

Because I am very fair, I blush easily.  It has been a horror for me all my life,

and nothing can be done about it.  I blush over a wide range of emotions:

surprised, startled, etc.....I absolutely hate it.

@Susan in California

How about using makeup?  The woman behind IT makeup has bright red covering her lower face, and whatever it is she sells, it totally covers it.

Contributor

Nope..  I raised a boy so nothing fazes me now 20 years later.

Trusted Contributor

When I was a shy, 16yo in my !st "real" job, I blushed very easily. The store manager was amused by this, & he'd stop a customer shopping in my section & say, "Watch how fast I can make her turn red!". I don't know if he thought it was an "ice breaker", or what, but I'm glad I'm not that red-faced, self-concious girl anymore!