Super Contributor

A relationship isn't about giving or getting, it is about how you feel about yourself when you are with that other person.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

That sounds like something an abuser would tell someone. You're not supposed to love me for your happiness, you need to love me for MY happiness.

Nope, no way.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Agree With This?

[ Edited ]

IMO you only marry once for love...unconditional and always give and take. I've been married three times. The only reason I'd marry again will be for $$money$$.Woman LOLand I'm not kidding.

No, I do not agree with the op.

Respected Contributor

That statement makes it sound like it is a choice someone makes.  Falling in love for the "right reasons" is not a choice you can make.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor
I don't agree with it at all. I think it was probably written by a 12 or 13 year old girl (or boy) who is experiencing their first major crush while wearing their rose colored glasses.
Honored Contributor

True love that will last has to be reciprocal with both parties wanting to make each other happy.  I don't think it can work any other way.  IMO

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure falling in love is always a happy experience... Period...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

"never fall in love to..." as if falling in love with someone is a choice.  You love who you love,it happens.  Finding that person unworthy gives you the choice and I hope it's to leave. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

No one decides to fall in love, love doesn't work like that.  Love is shared thing, it's one sided.  When you love someone and are loved back you have shared happiness and you do things to make each other happy.  You don't think about it, plan it or decide to do it.  It's organic...it happens....because that's what love is.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like something that was translated.  Badly.